The Alex Salmond Birthday celebrations thread

Pearbuyerbell

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shades75 said:

The ones here that shut down debates and dissent know exactly what they're doing.

Dumbing down the forum might give them a smile but it's a rather embarrassing way to act.

Free speech is good but it does seem that some who exercise and demand free speech think that that gives them carte blanche to pollute the entire arena with their own noise.

Surprising that some people think what passes on here for debate is not some kind of puerile back slapping, generally among the snp fan base, exercise. Simply because there are more of them.  The standard of debate is sub uni. Far too much cutting and pasting from the www, and even when there is original thought there is too much playing to the gallery from people who need to be loved. Free speech does give the individual the right to say what they want on a forum. None of this shouting fire in a crowded auditorium nonsense. It is only pollution to those who can't accept another's right to hold a wholly contradictory view from their own.

The forum is dumbed down by boring posters. Are you one of those safe-spaces advocates?If you are. go forth and multiply.

18 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

The finest politician of his generation, the greatest living Scotsman, the future first El Presidente of an Independent Scotland and an absolute baller to boot. What a fucking legend Alex Salmond is.

I'll bet you Sir Andy Murray would beat him in a popularity stakes. Sir Andy would, I think, certainly get weeseaweeds vote.:whistle

1 minute ago, hehawhehaw said:

I'll bet you Sir Andy Murray would beat him in a popularity stakes. Sir Andy would, I think, certainly get weeseaweeds vote.:whistle

Well he widnae get mine.

Altho I still chuckle when I think of the time when English journalists asked him who he would support at the World Cup and oor Andy said ABE :lol:

14 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

Surprising that some people think what passes on here for debate is not some kind of puerile back slapping, generally among the snp fan base, exercise. Simply because there are more of them.  The standard of debate is sub uni. Far too much cutting and pasting from the www, and even when there is original thought there is too much playing to the gallery from people who need to be loved. Free speech does give the individual the right to say what they want on a forum. None of this shouting fire in a crowded auditorium nonsense. It is only pollution to those who can't accept another's right to hold a wholly contradictory view from their own.

The forum is dumbed down by boring posters. Are you one of those safe-spaces advocates?If you are. go forth and multiply.

That's about the most coherent post I've read from you.

Clearly you could recognise that my post was aimed at the sort of content you usually write.  I'm surprised that you can call out the standard of debate when, as you know, usually you just call people names and swear a lot.  That doesn't help, does it?  It might turn some people away though and that might be what you intend?

So, know that we now that you're usually at it, because clearly you can string a sentence together, can we now safely out you as a troll?

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

Well he widnae get mine.

Altho I still chuckle when I think of the time when English journalists asked him who he would support at the World Cup and oor Andy said ABE :lol:

Ffs he's a young man yet and his brain is not fully developed. Anyway didn't he say that was just a joke? Probably thought it was expected from him by his Scottish contemporaries. Oh wait a min there are not many of them, must have been the press pack. They will do anything for a bit of controversy.

23 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

On 01/01/2017 at 10:19, hehawhehaw said:

is he deid yet???

On 01/01/2017 at 16:37, hehawhehaw said:

just wait until he catches the pox from anna soubry, and his tiny wee appendage falls off. at least he wont have long to suffer the nagging from his auld boiler burd.

9 hours ago, hehawhehaw said:

Gotcha .I couldn't miss such an enormouse arse. Think I got my big toe right in your hole. Now away and dry your eyes sonny while I clean your dangleberries out of my big toe nail.:lol::lol::wub:luvit

8 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

That's about the most coherent post I've read from you.

Clearly you could recognise that my post was aimed at the sort of content you usually write.  I'm surprised that you can call out the standard of debate when, as you know, usually you just call people names and swear a lot.  That doesn't help, does it?  It might turn some people away though and that might be what you intend?

So, know that we now that you're usually at it, because clearly you can string a sentence together, can we now safely out you as a troll?

I'm afraid you're a little behind the times. There is nothing intrinsically wrong about throwing verbal bricks from the back.

3 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

I'm afraid you're a little behind the times. There is nothing intrinsically wrong about throwing verbal bricks from the back.

It certainly doesn't add any value to any thread or conversation.  It only amuses yourself and definitely does only fill a space with noise.

It's childish.

Just now, Shades75 said:

It certainly doesn't add any value to any thread or conversation.  It only amuses yourself and definitely does only fill a space with noise.

It's childish.

I certainly hope so. Just want to be one of the bunch.

On a lighter note, just try thinking at a childish level and then convert that into adult. You may find that the kids are ok.

4 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

I certainly hope so. Just want to be one of the bunch.

On a lighter note, just try thinking at a childish level and then convert that into adult. You may find that the kids are ok.

Sage advice.

15 hours ago, hehawhehaw said:

UoLer found.

16 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Well he widnae get mine.

16 hours ago, hehawhehaw said:

Ffs he's a young man yet and his brain is not fully developed. Anyway didn't he say that was just a joke? Probably thought it was expected from him by his Scottish contemporaries. Oh wait a min there are not many of them, must have been the press pack. They will do anything for a bit of controversy.

Dinnae forget that just before the Independence vote he tweeted that if the vote was YES he would be representing Scotland.

Britnats were apoplectic :thumsup2

hilarious how the very mention of Alex Salmond has the unionists jumping up and down in anger and resorting to puerile primary school-level insults. Agree with another poster, this board has gone downhill fast as the trolls have taken over; thing is they are totally useless at trolling. Just put them on ignore and try and enjoy the rest

54 minutes ago, Dipped Flake said:

hilarious how the very mention of Alex Salmond has the unionists jumping up and down in anger and resorting to puerile primary school-level insults. Agree with another poster, this board has gone downhill fast as the trolls have taken over; thing is they are totally useless at trolling. Just put them on ignore and try and enjoy the rest

jumping up and down in laughter is more accurate and would not resort to puerile school level insults against Alex. No-one can blame him for the current state of the country as he has passed that on to others.  

19 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Well he widnae get mine.

Are you happy that "oor Andy", who lives in the "Golden Triangle" of the Surrey stockbroker belt, has accepted a knighthood from Lizzie Windsor? 

Archived