The Alex Salmond Birthday celebrations thread

Pearbuyerbell

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I don't apply nationalities to "boats" that's for dafties.

Right. So the UK Government are dafties then?

As you're an ignorant fermer, I'll excuse your lack of knowledge about ships. They have to be registered for use at sea.

RRS Discovery's wikipedia page links to its Lloyds Register entry for 1934/35. It's listed as "British", built in 1901 in Dundee & with a home port of Stanley in the Falkland Islands.

How much more British do you want it to be?

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I'm more of a "Spanish registered fishing vessel" than a "Spanish boat" kinda guy.

The Cayman Islands is where the  (charter) party is at. 

20 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I'm more of a "Spanish registered fishing vessel" than a "Spanish boat" kinda guy.

So, do you think Mo Farah is a "British passport holder" rather than a "British person" then?

This is starting to get a wee bit disturbing...

So, do you think Mo Farah is a "British passport holder" rather than a "British person" then?
This is starting to get a wee bit disturbing...

He's not a boat you fanny.Quite happy for actual humans to have nationalities just not inanimate objects.If i buy a pair of cheap trainers do i say "look at my Philippino trainers".

5 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

He's not a boat you fanny.Quite happy for actual humans to have nationalities just not inanimate objects.If i buy a pair of cheap trainers do i say "look at my Philippino trainers".

OK. So in Yoonloon's world, inanimate objects don't have nationalities. This would include items such as the UK Crown Jewels & the Union flag. Items that are often described as 'Quintessentially British"

However, note the way that Yoonloon equates 'foreign' ('Philippino') with 'cheap'. That's telling.

The sadddest point is that his narrow nationalistic Yoon worldview doesn't even acknowledge that the correct term would be 'Filipino'. That term would apply equally to citizens of the Philippines or to 'cheap' goods manufactured there. 

Archived