Declan Gallagher

I would genuinely take no satisfaction being a Livingston fan and winning this league at a canter paying money they can't afford. You seem to have the club that your attitude deserves.

Saying unlucky at the end does not make it big or clever either by the way buddy. You seem riled beyond belief and keep implying football results are going to hurt a grown man. Very strange.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I can guarantee any other club in league 1's fans would be ecstatic at this signing given his quality.

Nope. Not a chance. I'd proudly guarantee that some clubs are run by people who accept the role of custodians of history and work with honesty and integrity to assure a future and respect the memory of every player who has played for the club. Your skewed perspective of what's important in life reflects the car crash history of Livingston FC. 

Desperate people.

12 hours ago, Charles Darwin Esq said:

This from an Airdrie fan?  Then again they still use stone tools there so irony would mean nothing.

Have you missed the work the club and the trust have done of late? Might want to look it up before making an easy throw away comment. 

And that's ignoring the fact it wasn't that long ago two players were released by the club for handbags with each other. Not battering somebody with a baseball bat and getting the jail. But still it was deemed unacceptable and they were let go.

Without the history, purely on ability, he obviously would be a good signing - with the baggage, I'd pass. You obviously can't understand why (or are deliberately ignoring the moral aspect of this) so that's fine. Each to their own. 

Let's be honest here, he would be a cracking signing for anyone in this league and most of the championship teams. 

He has a past, but surely he's allowed rehabilitation, if a bricky or a plasterer done the crime and then got released would that mean they couldn't go back and be a Bricky or a plasterer ? I know what people are gonna say, he's suppose to be a role model, but the entire time he was at the club he held himself admirably and kept his head down and played football, he has a young family now, give him a chance that's what I say. 

Obviously if he does sign it's more bad publicity for the club but if we do get promoted, he stays and we start next season well people will quickly forget his past because at the end of the day a winning team in a higher division and crowds will improve substantially, no matter who's on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Let's be honest here, he would be a cracking signing for anyone in this league and most of the championship teams. 

He has a past, but surely he's allowed rehabilitation, if a bricky or a plasterer done the crime and then got released would that mean they couldn't go back and be a Bricky or a plasterer ? I know what people are gonna say, he's suppose to be a role model, but the entire time he was at the club he held himself admirably and kept his head down and played football, he has a young family now, give him a chance that's what I say. 

Obviously if he does sign it's more bad publicity for the club but if we do get promoted, he stays and we start next season well people will quickly forget his past because at the end of the day a winning team in a higher division and crowds will improve substantially, no matter who's on the pitch. 

I know nothing about Declan Gallagher's case so will not comment on the rights and wrongs thereof. However, part of rehabilitation is contrition and, according to comments above, that is missing.

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I know nothing about Declan Gallagher's case so will not comment on the rights and wrongs thereof. However, part of rehabilitation is contrition and, according to comments above, that is missing.

And if he can't accept his guilt, presumably passed down by his peers in a trial if he's so adamant it wasn't him, then remorse and repent can't follow. And if he can't deal with that you have to question the sanity of giving him a job where other testosterone filled young men are likely to be aggressive toward him, physically and verbally. I think a brickie or a plumber might have done him better if he really wants to integrate with society.

And if he's just out, then he's almost certainly on parole. His time isn't done yet.

55 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

And if he can't accept his guilt, presumably passed down by his peers in a trial if he's so adamant it wasn't him, then remorse and repent can't follow. And if he can't deal with that you have to question the sanity of giving him a job where other testosterone filled young men are likely to be aggressive toward him, physically and verbally. I think a brickie or a plumber might have done him better if he really wants to integrate with society.

And if he's just out, then he's almost certainly on parole. His time isn't done yet.

But.....But.....He's not guilty.....didn't you hear him say it?

Livvy fans obviously believe the word of the lad over a slew of witness', a court and an appeal court.

Leave them be, they're clearly a bit simple.

But.....But.....He's not guilty.....didn't you hear him say it?
Livvy fans obviously believe the word of the lad over a slew of witness', a court and an appeal court.
Leave them be, they're clearly a bit simple.

Calling us "simple" and you refer to us as "Livvy"?
Livvystone fur tha tytle lads.

Archived