May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine voting tory. People are thick

Not exactly going to draw people on to the Yes/Remain platform that, is it? These thick people are the people who need to be convinced to support yes. Dismissing them as thick will only solidify their position.

What'll be quite interesting is the vote share at the end. The STV system is designed to make it easy to get a party represented, and near impossible to get majorities, so Tory gains have to be seen in that context. However, the overall vote share will give us a fair starting idea, one month out on how the GE is going to play out.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Not exactly going to draw people on to the Yes/Remain platform that, is it? These thick people are the people who need to be convinced to support yes. Dismissing them as thick will only solidify their position.

Nothing else works either, though.

I've given up trying to appeal to people. Some people can't be helped

South Ayrshire all done and dusted and rather surprisingly the Tories didn't take overall control as widely predicted.  They gained 2 seats to stand at 12 as did the SNP to take 9 with Labour losing 4 at 5 and still two indies. As 15 is the magic number here I suspect it will be another abhorent Tory / Labour pact to keep out the SNP. And they wonder why Labour is all but extinct !!!!!

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I also dismiss them as racist scum if it helps.

The conservatives have got a seat in Dundee. I think that's a sign of worrying times.

ETA: And thus the SNP losing their majority.

11 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Imagine voting tory. People are thick

no, they're Unionists and have decided that it's better to vote Tory than Labour as an alternative to the SNP. It's like if you're a Left-wing Unionist in the Failed Statelet (and there must be some)- who do you vote for?

I went off to vote last night and saw the poster for the local Tory councillor. It had a pic of him next to Ruthie and the slogan "Send the SNP a message that we don't want a Second Referendum". And I thought "what the hell has that got to do with deciding how my bins are collected for the next 4 years". That's the trouble with local government elections, they get mixed up with national issues.

So if I was in Irvine I, for one, would welcome our new Rubbish Party overlords!

What's disturbing is that there is a significant number voting Tory despite their appalling policies.

I think it's vital in the next 5 weeks for the SNP to go on the attack about what these bastads stand for.

Davidson is getting away with this cuddly Tory image - she and her party need to be exposed for the back-flipping vermin they are.

Everyone opposed to these scum should be on their social media and link every negatiive story about their policies to their friends.

It's interesting to note that, in terms of the largest parties, it breaks down as...

England - Conservative.

Wales - Labour.

Scotland - SNP

Yet, the narrative is of an overwhelming Tory win (I realise that this is not a GE), now obviously, in terms of raw numbers that would be correct....

...But once again, it is a stark illustration of the inequality of this family of equals.  The Tories, for example, have absolutely made gains in Scotland but the fact remains that they are miles behind the SNP.  In essence, they are losers in Scotland and Wales, but England trumps that.....as always.

Archived