Hearts v Aberdeen

It's like they bottle it. They go to Celtic Park and they bottle it, they go to Ibrox Park and they bottle it, they come to Tynecastle Stadium and they bottle it. Every time they play a big team, they bottle it. It's either that or they are really unlucky. That's the sheep.

I think they will never have a better time to beat us. We have a rookie manager who has only won one game against a Killie side that chucked it. If McInnes can't beat us this time then the sheep are going to wonder if he is up to the task. He could be looking for a new job.

I'll go for 1-1 but we really shouldn't get a result here. Cathro's laptop isn't even connected to the internet yet. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's like they bottle it. They go to Celtic Park and they bottle it, they go to Ibrox Park and they bottle it, they come to Tynecastle Stadium and they bottle it. Every time they play a big team, they bottle it. It's either that or they are really unlucky. That's the sheep.

I think they will never have a better time to beat us. We have a rookie manager who has only won one game against a Killie side that chucked it. If McInnes can't beat us this time then the sheep are going to wonder if he is up to the task. He could be looking for a new job.

I'll go for 1-1 but we really shouldn't get a result here. Cathro's laptop isn't even connected to the internet yet. 

Pumped 3-1 in your own midden last year and were never even close to getting 2nd spot.

Aberdeen can hurt us in the wide areas, especially with Paterson missing - we could go with Rherras at RB and Rossi at LB, but I can't see it - you'd have to drop Nowak into central defence or put Ozturk in - he hasn't played for a while, and I get the impression he might have switched off mentally.

It's bound to be Liam Smith at RB, then - if you're McInness, you're going to tell your wingers to go at him.

Buaben will surely miss out too, which is a shame as he's been good recently - Cowie should be available, and I'd guess that he'll start ahead of Muirhead - f**k knows, though.

Hamilton

Smith - Souttar - Rossi - Rherras

Novak

Cowie Kitchen Djoum Walker

Johnsen

Subs: Noring, Ozturk, Muirhead, Watt, Sammon, Zanatta, Oshaniwa

The only c**t that's offering much from those (could-be) subs these days is Muirhaead.

3-1 Aberdeen and sore arses on Hogmany morning.

lol I bet you thought this was witty in your head.

Meh. Done well the last two games but as the initial poster correctly pointed out, our team have very little bottle in the big away games and I expect it continue.

Team wise, I imagine the only change would be O'Connor in for Reynolds. Bar that, as you were.

Not at all confident for this one and fancy Hearts to win this 2-1 with Johnsen and Walker scoring, late consolation by Hayes but it will be too late. No confidence in this team at all away from home when it counts. Just don't seem to have the character at all in it.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think we will miss Callum and I agree with pa, McInnes should target Smith as the weak spot if he starts.

I just can't envisage McInnes starting this one, in all honesty. I would be more concerned about Hayes targeting Smith than him.

7 hours ago, AberDon said:

Pumped 3-1 in your own midden last year and were never even close to getting 2nd spot.

Subsequently found out big time and finished only five points ahead on a larger budget and in our first season back from the doldrums.

7 hours ago, Dubford don said:

Never beat a big team,sevco are under 5 years old pretending to be someone they are not.As for hearts if you think they are a bigger club than Aberdeen you need your head examined.

Your shan wee club regularly gets gates of about 8,000 compared to our 16,500 average. Absolutely laughable claiming to be bigger than the capital's establishment club, who you have an equally laughable record against.

Sit down.

Deary me. A thread started with a fishing expedition then already onto crowd w**k.
First goal crucial. Expect Hearts to lump loads of balls in to test Aberdeen's centre backs, none of which seem to be able to get any consistent form or pairing. Hopefully Taylor and O Connor just to try to match up physically but still a potential bomb scare in there. Both have moments when they forget to be defenders and start thinking they're proper ball players. Taylor at it again the other day against Hamilton. Reynolds has regressed so much it's frightening and Considine had a dreadful second half at Dingwall.
If Hearts bag the first one we'll likely struggle.
Felt really sorry for Patterson with his injury and hope he recovers well but him not playing is good news for Aberdeen. Our full backs struggle with his aggression.
Mccinnes really needs to pick his best team. In recent weeks the various opposition managers must've been over the moon to see Rooney and McGinn on the bench. Stockley and Burns were truly awful against County. Dons need to start off well and get in to it early, quickly and aggressively.
Choice of ref is an absolute disaster for both sides.
I'd take 1-1 now.
Might struggle to make much sense of the game as we're in the boozer for midday though[emoji481]

Archived