Stenhousemuir vs Alloa

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why Stenhousemuir can't win this. Results throughout December have been very decent and, most of the time at least, we're showing a level of resilience we wouldn't have done a couple of months ago. We've kept a clean sheet in our three wins. We don't have a great record at home this season but this Alloa Athletic side look like they're there for the taking. They don't seem to have found their groove under Jim Goodwin and I'd like to think we can take full advantage of it.

I'm not sure who's available and who's absent for this one but I don't think we'd deviate from the side who beat Peterhead.

Prediction: a very cautious home win.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear Jim's still using the ref's decisions as an excuse for the Brechin game.

As far as I'm concerned we just weren't good enough, Brechin were the better team and deserved to win regardless.

I don't think Jim's been getting the best out of the players since his appointment and that should be his focus imo.

A question for Alloa Athletic supporters:
What does it feel like to have someone like "Wasps1" as your "man on the inside"?

This clubs worst idea since someone said ‘yeah let’s take this suspiciously large wooden horse into Troy, statues are all the rage this season’.”

His eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed.

FFS get over it man check the papers it was a pen :rolleyes:

Indeed.

Fans criticising referees' decisions when they have no idea what the laws say is beyond parody.

He "made contact with the ball" so it's not a foul is the most common display of ignorance, of which the subset "getting the ball first" often features. To be fair to the dead-brains who quote these, they are fed them as truths by commentators, pundits and even managers (who really should understand the laws, but clearly don't).

[emoji34]

58 minutes ago, printer said:

Indeed.

Fans criticising referees' decisions when they have no idea what the laws say is beyond parody.

He "made contact with the ball" so it's not a foul is the most common display of ignorance, of which the subset "getting the ball first" often features. To be fair to the dead-brains who quote these, they are fed them as truths by commentators, pundits and even managers (who really should understand the laws, but clearly don't).

emoji34.png

Thats a good way to put it. I'm learning to be a referee myself, and it's good to see where they ref is coming from during games now.

13 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

This clubs worst idea since someone said ‘yeah let’s take this suspiciously large wooden horse into Troy, statues are all the rage this season’.”

His eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed.

It's funny what the club will let you do if you just ask them. For instance they now pay me to watch their games, something I used to do for free. Pretty sure any other motivated fan that saw we weren't doing the same highlights and interviews as other teams could have got involved but you're a bit late now :lol:

Being on the "inside" what struck me is how Jim is in person as opposed to on the pitch. Obviously sometimes overly competitive on the pitch but in person a very measured, calm and polite man. Just unfortunately we've had a bit less luck going for us in his results since taking over.

A question for Alloa Athletic supporters:
What does it feel like to have someone like "Wasps1" as your "man on the inside"?

He may read the teams out before kick off but he has no inside knowledge as he regularly shows on this site.

It's funny what the club will let you do if you just ask them. For instance they now pay me to watch their games, something I used to do for free. Pretty sure any other motivated fan that saw we weren't doing the same highlights and interviews as other teams could have got involved but you're a bit late now :lol:
Being on the "inside" what struck me is how Jim is in person as opposed to on the pitch. Obviously sometimes overly competitive on the pitch but in person a very measured, calm and polite man. Just unfortunately we've had a bit less luck going for us in his results since taking over.

This was not about Jim Goodwin who I fully back it is about the little shit wasp 1 who is a complete and utter anus and spots shite and abuses the paying public who follow the club loyally as a member of the official ALLOA FC receiving payment by the club he needs to wind his neck in

Archived