Maybole Juniors appeal following arson attack...

8MileBU

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

A 27 year old man has been arrested following the incident.

Twenty-seven!

Not only is he at least a decade past the age where it's "something he'll outgrow", but he's the first person I can recall actually being caught for vandalism to Junior grounds.

A true fucking halfwit!

3 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Remember the same sort of thing happening to ardrossan winton rovers in the 90s but that was a horrible long running feud with a guy behind the scenes who done  lots of damage to winton park . A horrible feud that turned very personal. 

Didn't know about that one. Scary how much one nutter can poison the well. 

21 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Remember the same sort of thing happening to ardrossan winton rovers in the 90s but that was a horrible long running feud with a guy behind the scenes who done  lots of damage to winton park . A horrible feud that turned very personal. 

You dont know half of it, anything that could burn at winton park got done, the social club, 5 a side dressing rooms, stand all burnt or trashed. It was all for personal gain, they thought by forcing the club out of business and closing it down they could sell the land for houses and unlock the railway land behind the far side terrace. They forgot there was a squad of people determined to keep the club alive, a squad of good, honest men and women (some no longer with us RIP) that said that the only thing being built at Winton Park was hope and football.

Best wishes to Maybole, any time i was there I found them to be lovely people

1 hour ago, wintonfan said:

You dont know half of it, anything that could burn at winton park got done, the social club, 5 a side dressing rooms, stand all burnt or trashed. It was all for personal gain, they thought by forcing the club out of business and closing it down they could sell the land for houses and unlock the railway land behind the far side terrace. They forgot there was a squad of people determined to keep the club alive, a squad of good, honest men and women (some no longer with us RIP) that said that the only thing being built at Winton Park was hope and football.

Best wishes to Maybole, any time i was there I found them to be lovely people

Good on all of you. 

I was part of the original squad and it was a case of we had nothing, no players, no goals, no matchballs. The strips got hidden so they couldnt walk and folk gave what money they could. The guys at Winton Park gave everything to rebuild the club over the last 15 years, getting ownership of the ground and rebuilding it bit by bit. they all deserve massive respect and i admit I have been a grade A w****r/arsehole (insert expletive of your own choice) to a few of them, I could blame it on my illness or I could just say I was a cnut. Either way I regret it, only when the fog clears do you see what these guys have achieved, they all deserve respect

Talbot went through the same problems as Maybole and Winton during the early 70's which culminated in the dressing rooms being torched. This turned out to be a god send as the full village got behind the club and the rest is history. Hopefully the good people of Maybole will step forward and help the club.

Read about that on the Talbot website, it seems that it was after the pits shut that Talbot became the force in football that they are, was it a case of the football is all that remained in the village, we are down but not out. Lets be honest for a place the size of Auchinleck to have such a lot of success is the stuff of fairytales, no other team has won big honors with such frequency. Plus the success is off the park as well, Beechwood again is a benchmark for non league grounds. Okay you dont make wisecracks about beating you to old grannies in the bakery (after the 91 win in the super cup at hurlford I made the mistake of mocking a talbot poster and a old dear battered fxxx out of me with her brolly). Pride in their team and village is what stands out a mile in Auchinleck, would be great to see that everywhere.

As you said out of disaster comes recovery, plus the ayrshire junior scene is close knit, maybole will get help, can remember when the same thing happened to irvine vics in 92, donations came from almost every club. Think its a case of there for the grace of god go you 

3 hours ago, wintonfan said:

Read about that on the Talbot website, it seems that it was after the pits shut that Talbot became the force in football that they are, was it a case of the football is all that remained in the village, we are down but not out. Lets be honest for a place the size of Auchinleck to have such a lot of success is the stuff of fairytales, no other team has won big honors with such frequency. Plus the success is off the park as well, Beechwood again is a benchmark for non league grounds. Okay you dont make wisecracks about beating you to old grannies in the bakery (after the 91 win in the super cup at hurlford I made the mistake of mocking a talbot poster and a old dear battered fxxx out of me with her brolly). Pride in their team and village is what stands out a mile in Auchinleck, would be great to see that everywhere.

As you said out of disaster comes recovery, plus the ayrshire junior scene is close knit, maybole will get help, can remember when the same thing happened to irvine vics in 92, donations came from almost every club. Think its a case of there for the grace of god go you 

Talbot became a force under Knox. He got the job late 70's I think(?) so it had been building since then. 

The Scottish Cup successes coming hot on the heels of the pit closures was probably just a happy coincidence but they had been dominating the WOS Cup for some time before this and you could argue that the mentality required to retain the WOS so relentlessly was what paved the way for so many Scottish wins as they were unphased at the prospect of defending trophies from scratch. 

Seem this scumbag gets his kicks out of setting fires then calling out Fire Brigade, he is out on bail at the moment.

Sewer dwelling scumbag. What the are c***s like him all about? I mean, what's to gain from ruining a junior football clubs facilities and place which is focal point for the local community?

If the moron really gets that excited at seeing flames and fire engines, why not just go and build a bonfire in an empty park or something? Fucking weirdo.

Archived