Edinburgh come to Berwick

No please, bring everyone.

Just seen on the Edinburgh twitter that our board have allowed City, Hibs and Hearts season tickets in half price. Meanwhile our fans have to pay full price and no incentive for locals who are season ticket holders elsewhere, e.g Newcastle.

So, Edinburgh are unbeaten in 7 and we're fucking shite but its a good idea to encourage a large travelling support to back them in a must win for us. Would love to know who came up with that.

ANYWAY, rant over and to the game.

Drop Sheerin, he's shit. Other than that do as you please it'll likely make no difference.

0-3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice touch by Berwick which our club will appreciate a lot. 

Can't see many going down. The club Struggled to get a bus for the game apparently and wasn't much interest.  Not surprised seein as its hogmanay and many will want to be out on the piss early that evening. Traffic will be a nightmare on the way back from berwick as well with all the people going up to Edinburgh for the night. Me and a couple of pals were meant to be going by car but thinking of swerving the idea now. Can't see many city being there at all really. 

Score prediction 2-2 

I'll take a point from any away game this season  

It's not a bad drive to Berwick nowadays- mostly duelled all the way. There's a Maccy Ds in Dunbar or on the outskirts of Berwick for sustenance and a decent chippy near Shielfield for afterwards.

And there's always the chance of coming back richer- I remember getting pelted by coins by the locals after Meadowbank lifted the City Cup there (you Berwick bandits took the City Cup more seriously in those days! :lol:)

8 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Nice touch by Berwick which our club will appreciate a lot. 

Can't see many going down. The club Struggled to get a bus for the game apparently and wasn't much interest.  Not surprised seein as its hogmanay and many will want to be out on the piss early that evening. Traffic will be a nightmare on the way back from berwick as well with all the people going up to Edinburgh for the night. Me and a couple of pals were meant to be going by car but thinking of swerving the idea now. Can't see many city being there at all really. 

Score prediction 2-2 

I'll take a point from any away game this season  

Train is a decent option 40mins journey time about £17 return, pretty frequent service. As a New Years treat I'll be stumping up for first class with all the free grub and coffee that goes with it, a relative bargain for a few quid extra.

I might be wrong but heard someone say that City will put the same concessions offer on for Berwick fans next time they are up.

As a New Years treat I'll be stumping up for first class with all the free grub and coffee that goes with it, a relative bargain for a few quid extra.

As I had a railcard and tend to book in advance I used to do this a lot before I got the car, and the last 3 times I never got any service between Berwick and Edinburgh. It's shite these days.

The first class lounge at Berwick is always quiet and fully stocked though.

5 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

Just seen on the Edinburgh twitter that our board have allowed City, Hibs and Hearts season tickets in half price. Meanwhile our fans have to pay full price and no incentive for locals who are season ticket holders elsewhere, e.g Newcastle.

So, Edinburgh are unbeaten in 7 and we're fucking shite but its a good idea to encourage a large travelling support to back them in a must win for us. Would love to know who came up with that.

ANYWAY, rant over and to the game.

Drop Sheerin, he's shit. Other than that do as you please it'll likely make no difference.

0-3

City have done a good thing with the cut price for the Hibs /Hearts season ticket holders getting in at a discount for their games. Surely would be worth a go for Berwick doing the same thing must be quite a few Newcastle ticket holders there.

City have done a good thing with the cut price for the Hibs /Hearts season ticket holders getting in at a discount for their games. Surely would be worth a go for Berwick doing the same thing must be quite a few Newcastle ticket holders there.

Don't be daft, that would be a good thing to do for berwick fans and locals... why would berwick choose to do something like that ?!

8 minutes ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

Don't be daft, that would be a good thing to do for berwick fans and locals... why would berwick choose to do something like that ?!

Must be bad relations between the fans and board I take it. Seem's strange going all out of their way to do everything to get City fans in but not Berwickers.

On 2016-12-29 at 13:10, tamthebam said:

It's not a bad drive to Berwick nowadays- mostly duelled all the way. There's a Maccy Ds in Dunbar or on the outskirts of Berwick for sustenance and a decent chippy near Shielfield for afterwards.

And there's always the chance of coming back richer- I remember getting pelted by coins by the locals after Meadowbank lifted the City Cup there (you Berwick bandits took the City Cup more seriously in those days! :lol:)

I'll bring my Sons of the Desert hat just in case. It can catch bucket loads of coins.

It's nice to have something approaching a proper New Year Derby for once.

Can't understand the thinking behind the ST discounts - it'd only encourage away fans down, probably very few, and why include Hearts & Hibs STs but not Newcastle or Borders rugby teams.

Just provides another reason for disgruntled regulars to feel they're being short-changed.

Match-wise - Berwick are on dreadful form, City are on excellent form, but stranger things have happened.

More so than Hearts or Hibs ST holders...? Hibs actually have a game on Saturday.

If there is an expectation of attracting meaningful numbers of them why not Berwick RFC fans and others.

EDIT: To be clear I'll be very surprised if meaningful numbers are attracted who wouldn't have been otherwise, which is why I find the criteria perplexing.

21 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

0-3

Once again a rather short sighted idea form the board, surely the idea is to get more people to come to games  on a more regular basis with this in mind they need to do something to get locals through the gates and with Newcastle playing tonight it would have been a good chance to include them in  this offer 

Poorly thought out offer. It's like it just came to someone's head randomly, they went with it and didn't bother to think again. The bad publicity will outweigh any benefit. I doubt anyone will be persuaded to make the trip down for the sake of £6.

I know Gateshead do something for Newcastle and Sunderland season ticket holders, but the clubs actively promote their games too and it's only a few miles from each city.

If they were going to do this they should have considered an offer for regular fans at a forthcoming game. Maybe pick up a half price ticket for the next game if you attend a game in January or something. Rewards the regulars and would hopefully take away from some of the upset caused by a deal for other club ST holders.

Right we've decided we're going now bar no complete f**k ups with our designated driver picking us up from Costa del Northfield. 

If there's more than 20 of us in the away end then I'll be very surprised especially as no brakes bus going. In fact if there's more than 10 of us city fans there I'll be surprised. Hogmanay an all that jizz

Archived