The BBC (Scotland)

Colkitto

I'm not wrong and I'm not going to repeat myself and throwing silly insults displays an immaturity.

And you need to read my posts carefully, I never said we would have to produce Strictly, what I did say is that we would have to buy it in.

The BBC as quoted in their statement makes £500 million from licencing strictly, I never mentioned profit made from it. Check the BBC.

There are many more important areas other than television to consider and find funding for, a full military service, army, navy and air force, a postal service, an upper house which we require in a democracy, and that's just the start.

For years Westminster has plundered our oil revenue for mainly home counties projects, the 2012 Olympics, the Thames barrier etc etc, and after independence believe me they will for a period of years demand a slice of the oil revenue citing their financial input over the years.

Money will be tight for many years initially.

The Republic of Ireland was proclaimed in 1949 after breaking from the commonwealth completely, it had declared independence well before that, however the country struggled financially during those years with hundreds of thousands emigrating for work, countries are not formed overnight to what we see today and Ireland's saving grace and it's launch to it's financial well being commenced when it joined the then Common Market in 1973.

That is why our SNP see's that our independence will be eased by staying in the EEC.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not wrong and I'm not going to repeat myself and throwing silly insults displays an immaturity.

And you need to read my posts carefully, I never said we would have to produce Strictly, what I did say is that we would have to buy it in.

The BBC as quoted in their statement makes £500 million from licencing strictly,

"The Strictly format, first broadcast in the UK in 2004, earns around £50m a year for BBC Worldwide, the corporation’s commercial wing."  You've added a stray zero there, chum

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/bbc-sells-strictly-come-dancings-samba-brazilian-tv/

So yeah, you're pretty wrong.

9 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

If the licence fee in Scotland raises £340million, and we get £90million back, which makes River city, disreporting Scotland, sportscene and BBC alba. where does the rest of the money go?

Chick Young.

32 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

If the licence fee in Scotland raises £340million, and we get £90million back, which makes River city, disreporting Scotland, sportscene and BBC alba. where does the rest of the money go?

It isn't £90m we get back, the £90m (or thereabouts) is the amount taken out of Scotland by the BBC (i.e. not spent on services for Scotland).

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Chick Young.

Paid via an independent production company so that it doesn't have to be declared!  I think the name of it was Murray something or other.

Paid via an independent production company so that it doesn't have to be declared!  I think the name of it was Murray something or other.

Apologies 2015-2016 license fees raised in Scotland £320 million
Money spent in Scotland £176.5 million
So chick young gets £143.5 million a year for that guff....ffs

• 2 weeks later...

I see they managed to give the good news of 1,500  new Social Security jobs being created by the Scottish government all of 15 seconds and made it the 4th headline in the pecking order.

STV News rightfully gave it the top headline  story. 

I'm convinced BBC Scotland News have some kind of directive of not headlining any "good news" story that relates to the Scottish Goverment/SNP/Independence.  

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I see they managed to give the good news of 1,500  new Social Security jobs being created by the Scottish government all of 15 seconds and made it the 4th headline in the pecking order.

STV News rightfully gave it the top headline  story. 

I'm convinced BBC Scotland News have some kind of directive of not headlining any "good news" story that relates to the Scottish Goverment/SNP/Independence.  

Agreed.

You're actually more likely to get "Good News" stories relating to the Scottish Government from BBC Radio 4.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:11, Baxter Parp said:

BBC Worldwide made profits of 150m on sales of 1Bn for everything, not just Strictly, where are you getting 500m from?

"I am wrong and don't care, nyah".

My mistake, the BBC has made £500 million in the last decade from licencing strictly.

Top Gear rakes in £50 million.

It is known for its clumsy newsreaders and preening soap stars, but Strictly Come Dancing has become one of the greatest money-spinners in the history of the BBC.

The Mail on Sunday has established that the Saturday night favourite has raked in a staggering half a billion pounds for the Corporation in the decade since it first aired.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3328776/Strictly-coining-BBC-waltzed-500million-selling-star-50-countries-versions-lot-racier-British-original.html#ixzz4tG3KKXrL 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

12 minutes ago, glassnahalf said:

Don't remember the last time I watched BBC News... or the BBC... or STV... in fact any TV channel. 99% of their output is sh*te, I mean it's like Groundhog Day, the same programmes on every day!

You... can't... remember... the...  last...time... you... watched... any... TV... channel?

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

My mistake, the BBC has made £500 million in the last decade from licencing strictly.

Top Gear rakes in £50 million.

It is known for its clumsy newsreaders and preening soap stars, but Strictly Come Dancing has become one of the greatest money-spinners in the history of the BBC.

The Mail on Sunday has established that the Saturday night favourite has raked in a staggering half a billion pounds for the Corporation in the decade since it first aired.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3328776/Strictly-coining-BBC-waltzed-500million-selling-star-50-countries-versions-lot-racier-British-original.html#ixzz4tG3KKXrL 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Exact details of the Strictly finances are closely guarded"

Hmmm.

Archived