Missing Person Appeals

ICTChris

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand corrected kilbowie2002.

Probably the most famous missing person case in Scotland was the Vicky Hamilton case - I'm sure I remember it being discussed on O&B in the early days, a couple of posters were in her year at school. Of course, it turned out that she'd been murdered by Peter Tobin, her body being u covered in his house on the South coast of England. Horrifying.

You also have the Renee Macrae case, an Inverness woman who disappeared with her infant son in the early 1970s. A lot of talk over the years has focussed on the bodies being buried under the A9 but nothing has ever been found. I think that the police in that case have a fairly good idea who is responsible but don't have evidence to prove it.

Arlene Fraser is another famous missing person case in Scotland. Nat didn't kill her himself but instead it was decided that he had hired a hit man and fed her to the pigs. There wasn't much evidence other than common sense to convict him of the murder though.

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

A guy at school went missing, and turned up after about three weeks - he'd been hiding in a wardrobe!

Mate's brother disappeared around 20/25 years ago - hasn't been seen since - brutal.

he didn't come back eating turkish delight some witch had given him and babbling shite about a big talking lion did he? 

On 29/12/2016 at 12:58, ICTChris said:

When I was a student I'd often go off for a walk and be away all da.  I'd sometimes go and stay with my aunt for days at a time when I needed to study for my exams and I'd go to visit friends for a few days elsewhere in Scotland - I never at any point told anyone where I was going and I was never reported missing.

Not sure if this reflects the growing culture of advertising what you are doing to everyone you know or if it's just an indication that I had no mates at Uni though.

Used to do something similar when I was younger.  If I had a few days off work, I would occasionally book a flight to visit my family in Ireland.  Generally, family and friends wouldn't know until I had arrived.  Sometimes it was even the next day or when I arrived back in Glasgow before people were aware I had been away.  I was never reported missing.  Nowadays, I can hardly make a trip to the local shop without someone texting to find out where I am.

Regarding people who are missing.  I just found out maybe a month or so ago that a guy from my old work place was considered to be missing by his colleagues/my former.  People were worried about him, hadn't shown up for weeks, phone was switched off, the usual.  Police then show up in the work place asking questions about his whereabouts.  It turns out that he isn't being classed as missing by the police but rather as on the run for some serious and horrific crimes.

A guy at school went missing, and turned up after about three weeks - he'd been hiding in a wardrobe!
Mate's brother disappeared around 20/25 years ago - hasn't been seen since - brutal.

How do you know me?

Archived