Missing Person Appeals

ICTChris

When I was a student I'd often go off for a walk and be away all da.  I'd sometimes go and stay with my aunt for days at a time when I needed to study for my exams and I'd go to visit friends for a few days elsewhere in Scotland - I never at any point told anyone where I was going and I was never reported missing.

Not sure if this reflects the growing culture of advertising what you are doing to everyone you know or if it's just an indication that I had no mates at Uni though.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank f**k my maw wasn't too precious of my whereabouts from 15 to 18 or there would be missing appeals out for me most weekends. I'd switch my phone off so she couldn't pester me as well. I was such a shit daughter.

Well the worst thing that could've happened is that you'd be corrupted and ruined by an unscrupulous older man, so at least you avoided tha.... Oh.

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Of course, the all time greatest missing person fraud was Karen Matthews, although having watched a documentary about that case I can't really have amazing banter about it.  I don't think I've ever felt as squalid and awful reading about a case and, as noted, I like reading about squalid and awful cases.

IMG_5517.JPG

11 hours ago, Ross. said:

Tinder would have been handy but the Yahoo chat rooms were generally decent for finding a dirty.

We had our pigeon holes at university where randy young ladies could leave you a note inviting you to pay them a visit. Not much else for posh psycho birds to do in St Andrews. 

I think the only time I made my family worried about me was last year when Scotland played Ireland away. I'd went down to the pub early on and woke up the Sunday morning in my pals flat with a dead phone and no charger, walked into town a couple of hours later for the bus and managed to turn my phone on whilst I was on the bus to dozens of messages and missed calls.

Thankfully they never phoned the police or that, they'd assumed I was at a mates house but when I hadn't showed up home early on the Sunday they started to worry.

Echoing what's already been said on here, it really is a sad reflection on the modern world that a young thruster/thrustress can't disappear for a few days, on the lash or swording or a combination of the two, without folk getting into a massive panic about it.

Most people don't get murdered or imprisoned in basements for 20 years. Let your kids get on with their lives.

Richey Edwards was away for nearly two weeks before they made it public.

Think it was the fact he withdrew so much money each day in the lead-up to disappearing that everyone wonders.

I don't doubt for a minute that he's at the bottom of the Severn, but the fantasist in me wants to believe he's on some Kibbutz in Israel or some place in Goa or somewhere like that.

Spoke about it enough on here but I'd possibly qualify.

Not seen one brother since 2000 and the other 2006.

When I did go off the map, I went off the map.

Never asked if I was "reported missing" but the politzi contact at the time would've surely flagged it.

Some folk don't want to be found.

6 minutes ago, Njord said:

Spoke about it enough on here but I'd possibly qualify.

Not seen one brother since 2000 and the other 2006.

When I did go off the map, I went off the map.

Never asked if I was "reported missing" but the politzi contact at the time would've surely flagged it.

Some folk don't want to be found.

Some folk not worth looking for more like. 

You have to be considered vulnerable to be reported missing. An adult can just up and leave their lives no law against that.

Also paedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescents not women in their 20s.

22 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Thats not true, we define missing people as either absconders or missing people and they are categorised as low medium or high risk depending on the circumstances.

Are you looking for a smelly homeless Jakeball who drinks turps and hasn't seen his brothers in years? 

Archived