January window shopping .. transfers and other various rumors

Apparently Lithgow wanted back when he heard Iain King was away. I would be surprised if he came back given his history and the controversy it aroused last time but a compromise deal for Watt and Cadden actually isn't totally unbelievable.

I'd like to think we could sign better than him though.

Heard a rumour of a couple of loan players signing from down south too.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubt that the squad is a few players short but it would be interesting to see what regulars would drop out if we signed new players. For example, if we sign a new striker who drops out? Can't see Russell being dropped because he is captain and has experience. Brown is more of a winger and if we drop our winger it would disturb the balance of the team.

However, it would be a nice problem to have.

Unless you are paying a fee for Lithgow there is no chance of that happening, no way would we allow him to go to a rival for promotion half way through the season, hell we touted Ben Gordon around the championship when we got relegated as to avoid him going back to Alloa as they would be a rival. 
Plus he's on a 2 year contract. 

Or we could do a livi to livi?[emoji848]

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Good shout, as I said earlier up we are likely to be signing Jordan McMillan which would free up Halkett to play CB and leave us with Lithgow and Morgyn Neill, I suggested Neill out on loan with Lithgow on the bench but keeping Neill would free up Lithgow to go if it was part of a deal for those two. 

I would 100% rather let Crighton go and keep Lithgow - Lithgow looks by far the better of the two. A back four of McMillan, Halkett, Lithgow and Longridge is a Championship quality defence and likely a top 6 defence at that.

13 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

He's a good kid who'd be cheap and a huge improvement on Schidt or even Russell as a back up to Ryan but it isn't happening as we have a striker coming in who will carry us to the title.

The new boy will fit in with the new more pragmatic "style" of play that Wilson is bringing in after the Black King's one trick pony laptop build up play.

carry you to the playoff title aye?

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I would 100% rather let Crighton go and keep Lithgow - Lithgow looks by far the better of the two. A back four of McMillan, Halkett, Lithgow and Longridge is a Championship quality defence and likely a top 6 defence at that.

Funny how different people see the games, I have been far more comfortable with Crighton than I have been with Lithgow. Either way I think signing McMillan would be a quality piece of business as RB is the position we lack and will allow or best CB to play CB. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Funny how different people see the games, I have been far more comfortable with Crighton than I have been with Lithgow. Either way I think signing McMillan would be a quality piece of business as RB is the position we lack and will allow or best CB to play CB. 

We've been without a right back for years now - I remember poor Jonathan Brown's attempts to play there as a natural RB. I think if we get McMillan then we should be comfortable for the rest of the season in defence.

I've not missed a home game this season and what I've saw so far is that Crighton is prone to a mistake and gets under the ball on some headers. In saying that I think Halkett is better than the both of them with 6/7 years to spare.

Man Utd have taken Knox on for a third trial as they are supposedly about to make a 150k bid + 25% sell on. If Utd are making a 150k bid hopefully the club have the sense to talk them up to 250k or so, that's pennies for Utd.

That'd easily cover the 10k roughly owed to Airdrie for Cadden + Watt.

Interesting to see what we'd do with the rest of the cash, Knox has been featuring infrequently for us so we wouldn't even be losing a 1st teamer. We've been linked with McMillan which looks a certainty and have a Dutchman on trial with us, Renee Donkor so the club seem intent on fixing up the defence.

Would happily take some of the Knox cash and sign up Andy Ryan :lol: Otherwise we may be better trying to tempt Rangers into the deal with Knox and include Kelly as part of it since their 1st choice youth GK is McCrorie.

16 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

East fife have signed 18 year old James Penrice from Patrick thistle on a loan deal until the end of the season

Tidy player, good left foot. Needs a bit of work defensively but good going forward. In his first team appearances at the end of last season, he consistently put in some terrific crosses. 

21 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Stuart Miller says to sit tight. One of the signings will improve the team. Need more than one though.
Trust his word far more than our own managers. Given Stuarts recent work he should certainly have a good knowledge of players.

That's reassuring , but as you say we need more than one , three at the least 

One in so far, probably need another 3 or 4 to fill up the squad or to at least give us a full bench on match days!!!

Duggan coming back will be like a new player though and also heard we are after a loanee from Aberdeen, no idea who though!!!

Don't know how other Livi fans feel about Knox potentially leaving; personally, I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's going to be anything extraordinary. Even when Scougall was coming through, you could see glimpses now and then of how good a player he was, and he eventually became a fairly integral player in our side before moving on to Sheffield Utd. I can't honestly say I see Knox going down the same route - maybe I'm being cynical, but the impression I get is that he's in the first-team squad to perhaps drive his standing up somewhat. I've seen more from Jack Ogilvie in a handful of appearances this season, and he isn't being mentioned at all.

I agree though that the Knox money, which could be a significant six figure sum, would alleviate the bill to Airdrie for Cadden and Watt.

Archived