El Buckfastico 2017 V1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A brilliant and much needed 3 points for Rovers as our form has been very inconsistent of late.

Thought it was a decent 1st half but poor 2nd half from both teams. All goals were well taken- Brown's strike was a peach, don't get me wrong though for the Rovers two goals it was Airdrie's fundamental lack of defending that led to both - simple balls over the top- wee Boyd was tremendous and I'm sorry to see him go back to Accies but he deserves his chance with them.

The key for us was pretty obvious and that was to defend and keep Andy Ryan quiet. The two Dunlop brothers were solid as you like and Ross Stewart in goals saved is on more than one occasion. We need to consolidate this now with some good home form which has been lacking.

wee Boyd was tremendous and I'm sorry to see him go back to Accies but he deserves his chance with them.

Is he definitely going back? Surely with Premier League survival being Hamilton's aim he'd be unlikely to break into the first team this season at least and would be back in the under 20's

4 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Is he definitely going back? Surely with Premier League survival being Hamilton's aim he'd be unlikely to break into the first team this season at least and would be back in the under 20's

I think due to injuries Accies are lacking cover and want him back. Hope he gets his chance

I think due to injuries Accies are lacking cover and want him back. Hope he gets his chance

Absolutely, hope we can get a similar type of player in on loan, Callum Ferguson must be due a run in the first team again

2 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Absolutely, hope we can get a similar type of player in on loan, Callum Ferguson must be due a run in the first team again

Either way we need a couple of players to strengthen the squad more than likely in the form of loan deals

First,  let me get the obvious criticism out of the way.    That was an utterly horrendous, gutless, clueless and damaging performance in front of a big crowd.  Totally unacceptable and casts a huge shadow on Wilson and Dalziel in particular who've now lost 3 games out of four in those magnificent new strips that, frankly, the team don't deserve to wear.

Now,  the performance only showed how horrendously thin our squad actually is.   I'd seriously doubt that result happens if Leitch, Hutton and Stewart played.  But we should still be capable of going out and squeezing out a result.

What is unforgiveable is the comical defending we churn out week after week.   The goals we lose are so easy to analyse but we make the same mistakes every week.   We have to look at them not to point blame but to learn and progress.   I don't see any progress.

The second goal was just bewildering to me in real time.  Yes, McIntosh - who had been outstanding till then - slipped but he recovered enough to force the winger to make a speculative cross.   McDonald and Gorman both had Boyd under control but they managed to lose him.   Why was that?   Where was Boateng at both goals?   

The team selection was a mystery.   You cant fault young Cairns for effort.  He's a really nice kid and has been around the club for years.   But he's a central defender for the 20s and looked totally lost for most of the match.   Yes, I cheered his crunching tackle and his passing was generally good.  But was he best option?  We had Higgins on the bench who could play RB, Leighton who is a midfielder and I dare say McLaughlin too.

The last 20 mins were a dreadful let down, we showed absolutely no passion or commitment.     

Russell is a massive let down too.   He showed the square root of f**k all yesterday.   If ever a petulant, spoilt, player needs to get his finger...

The new guy will need games.   He didn't do much overall but his technique is good.   Give him a few games.

And lastly Bombscare Boateng.   I'm really disturbed that this monstrous joke is rated within the club.   He seems to be the first pick every week but all we get is howler after howler.    We are 2nd in the league with a negative goal difference.  We need action in that department.

In the meantime I'm losing faith in Dalziel and Wilson.   3 defeats from 4, those defeats from Rovers and Stenny just simply arent good enough. 

First,  let me get the obvious criticism out of the way.    That was an utterly horrendous, gutless, clueless and damaging performance in front of a big crowd.  Totally unacceptable and casts a huge shadow on Wilson and Dalziel in particular who've now lost 3 games out of four in those magnificent new strips that, frankly, the team don't deserve to wear.
Now,  the performance only showed how horrendously thin our squad actually is.   I'd seriously doubt that result happens if Leitch, Hutton and Stewart played.  But we should still be capable of going out and squeezing out a result.
What is unforgiveable is the comical defending we churn out week after week.   The goals we lose are so easy to analyse but we make the same mistakes every week.   We have to look at them not to point blame but to learn and progress.   I don't see any progress.
The second goal was just bewildering to me in real time.  Yes, McIntosh - who had been outstanding till then - slipped but he recovered enough to force the winger to make a speculative cross.   McDonald and Gorman both had Boyd under control but they managed to lose him.   Why was that?   Where was Boateng at both goals?   
The team selection was a mystery.   You cant fault young Cairns for effort.  He's a really nice kid and has been around the club for years.   But he's a central defender for the 20s and looked totally lost for most of the match.   Yes, I cheered his crunching tackle and his passing was generally good.  But was he best option?  We had Higgins on the bench who could play RB, Leighton who is a midfielder and I dare say McLaughlin too.
The last 20 mins were a dreadful let down, we showed absolutely no passion or commitment.     
Russell is a massive let down too.   He showed the square root of f**k all yesterday.   If ever a petulant, spoilt, player needs to get his finger...
The new guy will need games.   He didn't do much overall but his technique is good.   Give him a few games.
And lastly Bombscare Boateng.   I'm really disturbed that this monstrous joke is rated within the club.   He seems to be the first pick every week but all we get is howler after howler.    We are 2nd in the league with a negative goal difference.  We need action in that department.
In the meantime I'm losing faith in Dalziel and Wilson.   3 defeats from 4, those defeats from Rovers and Stenny just simply arent good enough. 

It's a big month for Wilson and Dalziel. It's so obvious what, who and where our deficiencies are and they simply have to bring players in if we're going to improve.

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

It's a big month for Wilson and Dalziel. It's so obvious what, who and where our deficiencies are and they simply have to bring players in if we're going to improve.

I'm not sure they're bright enough to figure it out.

Compare with Rovers.   They have had a season of Sandy Clark, now Billy Stark in his 2nd season as the brains behind them.   We get Woleki then Gordon F**kin Dalziel. 

Is it any wonder that Rovers can run rings around us?

And I have to question this Hamilton Accies connection.   We got Sumsky then Scullion but Rovers get Boyd?   

Are they taking the piss out of their sponsor?

Over-reaction central.

EDIT: I guess everyone who is concerned by the "gut-wrenching" and "heartless" performance yesterday will be going to the Q&A this week to put their concerns to Gordon and Mark instead of being the usual band of keyboard warriors?

I'm not sure they're bright enough to figure it out.
Compare with Rovers.   They have had a season of Sandy Clark, now Billy Stark in his 2nd season as the brains behind them.   We get Woleki then Gordon F**kin Dalziel. 
Is it any wonder that Rovers can run rings around us?
And I have to question this Hamilton Accies connection.   We got Sumsky then Scullion but Rovers get Boyd?   
Are they taking the piss out of their sponsor?

I have to question the role of Jennow too. What does he do? Is he a good coach? It's clear that Wilson is very inexperienced, as are the team, and the only way they can both improve is with the guidance of a good and experienced coach. I have to question whether or not Wilson is getting enough support in that regard since we're still making the same mistakes every game. We have made improvements but there's still a lot of work to be done.

Also, it's a joke that Dalziel doesn't attend games. Or at least I wish it was a joke. I wonder if our DOF not attending games and us continously making the same mistakes in games is linked at all?

Definitely missed Leitch yesterday most of 3 that were out. Conroy has no options to pass forward when Leitch not there.

Russell obviously out of position but for me does not contribute enough anyway, could have chased a 50/50 chance yesterday but choose to throw his hands in the air instead, still has a spit the dummy mentality when we go behind.

Brown fantastic goal but does not influence enough, poor crosses & corners often as not, shirks tackles and pretends he is making an effort at backtracking, chasing balls would be as well with 10 men 99% of the time. Needs competition for place, hopefully a fit Stewart.

Schmidt should have been punted at 00.00 on New Years day & never see an Airdrie shirt again.

Would consider giving Loudon a run or at least 30 mins each game as has contributed well both at Livi and yesterday.

Badly need at central defender, Boateng failed to assist/block at both crosses and laughable at times yesterday but Gorman always caught in middle.

Too early to tell on McKay but looked a bit lightweight, but then again so did Coyle.

Think teams are catching on to Ryan and now marking him out the game in the most part, they anticipate the pass or lob to him too easily and we don't change it to allow him to drop off.

16 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Brown fantastic goal but does not influence enough, poor crosses & corners often as not, shirks tackles and pretends he is making an effort at backtracking, chasing balls would be as well with 10 men 99% of the time. Needs competition for place, hopefully a fit Stewart.

Brown's goal was a touch of class but I would agree with you. Made a good few breaks yesterday but his final ball lets him down far too often. His set pieces are terrible as well. It's a shame because there's clearly a footballer in there but at 21 and with full time training he's running out of time. 

I thought Brown was the best Airdrie player on show.

Was Gorman the one at fault for first goal. Got lost under it. Boatang faultless for me with that one but was a total bombscare throughout.

The shadow of EWB & King still casts over the club and shows that Wilson and McBride before him being thrown under a bus unless they are allowed to sign a decent CB or 2.

Can't believe there are folk on here critising Brown yesterday. Can understand previous criticisms but not yesterday. He was head and shoulders above the rest and the only player who had a decent shot at goal. Goal of the season so far and only a brilliant save by the keeper stopped him equalising. There were some guys behind me who don't go to matches who were saying how good he was.

Feel some of the criticism of the manager is premature. He deserves a bit of patience. Yesterday he clearly had to cobble the team together which demonstrates our small pool but that is hardly his fault.

Archived