El Buckfastico 2017 V1

Nothing quite like a new year Monkland derby to remind you that each year is as shit as the last.

Hoping we can wipe away the memory of the last time our neighbours came to visit. The team has come a long way since then and really should be looking for a comfortable win if we are to keep any pressure on Livingston. 

Will the crowd reach the 1000 mark? Rovers never bring many, but hoping people will be off work and bored - so maybe a few fair weather fans will attend?

vsalbionnewyear.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, carlukediamond said:

I would expect Russell to come back in, but it all depends on how Wilson thought the starting 11 did against stranraer and could Russell improve on it.
We don't have the luxury of a huge squad so need to go with strongest starting 11.

If he does come back in will it be Stewart or Brown who drop out? I suspect he might be on the bench but I thought Boateng would be benched last week. so what do I know? Stick with a winning team cliché?

What's the general feeling on here about Hutton?

In the 4 or 5 games I've seen him in I've honestly not been overwhelmed. He fits in to the Fitzpatrick role tolerably well, but based on his apparent greater experience I expected something a little more spectacular from him. 

Don't get me wrong, a great replacement for our crippled captain, but I'd sooner see Fitzy back asap.

♢♢♢

Rohan

McIntosh Bombscare Gorman McDonald;

Brown Stewart Conroy Russell

Leitch

Ryan

However if there's a new signing or 2 eligible we may see something slightly different.

Hutton hasn't exactly been a Craig Barr or Ross Docherty level but he's done ok and seems to be settling in better after a few iffy moments.  He's made a few howlers losing men at set piece goals but that could be down to poor organisation.

I think he's playing a different role to Fitz who didn't seem to be holding any particular position.   Hutton and Conroy seem to be comfortable in a dual holding role now with Leitch the free midfielder and that seems to suit them all better.

1 hour ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

Free Airdrie FC Car air freshener with every programme courtesy of Holemasters, and also details inside of how to win a signed strip - again, courtesy of Holemasters.

15825858_1387207594657259_64109641823994

Is it just me, or does an air freshener from Holemasters seem ironic to anyone else?

2 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Won't be there due to work.

A draw will undoubtedly be seen as a good result, getting interesting at the bottom end of the league however...........

Was just looking at that myself Sam, Rovers don't get some points on the board could be in real danger. 

From position they were in after Queen of South game to now makes you wonder if the Celtic game is playing on minds of team.

still fancy a draw on Monday tho  

Archived