The Pyramid system - How it should be

edinabear

Had a bit of time over Christmas and have put together the attached. I have amalgamated Juniors, SofS, and EofS with many Juniors keeping their local derbies initially. Also there should be at least 2 up 2 down to ensure, in time, every club will find its rightful place.

There should also be 1 guaranteed relegation place from League 2 with the 2nd bottom involved in a playoff with the best of the rest in LLW, LLE and HL. I've tried to make this system as fair as possible but of course some clubs may be at a level too low or too high to start with. A larger League 2 could potentially see more relegation places opening up.

I have also put in some B teams but far lower down the pyramid than what has been suggested in recent weeks.

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Had a bit of time over Christmas and have put together the attached. I have amalgamated Juniors, SofS, and EofS with many Juniors keeping their local derbies initially. Also there should be at least 2 up 2 down to ensure, in time, every club will find its rightful place.

There should also be 1 guaranteed relegation place from League 2 with the 2nd bottom involved in a playoff with the best of the rest in LLW, LLE and HL. I've tried to make this system as fair as possible but of course some clubs may be at a level too low or too high to start with. A larger League 2 could potentially see more relegation places opening up.

I have also put in some B teams but far lower down the pyramid than what has been suggested in recent weeks.

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

Your more or less bang on with that format. Its more or less what i've always said a "real" pyramid should be like following the current junior system.

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Stirling University Reserves compete in the East of Scotland. If you're going to go to the trouble to include B teams, you might as well include the only reserve team actually in the "pyramid".

Not too sure about having reserves in a pyramid tbh, they will only still be in the EOSL because they never resigned when the 1st team joined the LL and the EOSL are probably desperate for sides with the amount who have left over the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

So now that's settled are you going to forward it anywhere otherwise these debates will go on and on and on  ? 

Are you affiliated to any club  ? 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not too sure about having reserves in a pyramid tbh, they will only still be in the EOSL because they never resigned when the 1st team joined the LL and the EOSL are probably desperate for sides with the amount who have left over the last few seasons.

By virtue of being in the EoS they're in the bottom tier of what we have. If they didn't want to be apart of it they would of opted out like Spartans recently did. So I don't think it's fair for them to be dismissed out of hand.

There's been a tradition of Reserves/B teams/Colts/2nd XI's fielded in the Senior leagues in the past. If you actually had an all in pyramid I think a lot more would return. Currently the Lowland League runs an u20s league. I think that idea would be abandoned as those clubs would see greater benefit in their reserves potentially being one tier below the first team.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

By virtue of being in the EoS they're in the bottom tier of what we have. If they didn't want to be apart of it they would of opted out like Spartans recently did. So I don't think it's fair for them to be dismissed out of hand.

There's been a tradition of Reserves/B teams/Colts/2nd XI's fielded in the Senior leagues in the past. If you actually had an all in pyramid I think a lot more would return. Currently the Lowland League runs an u20s league. I think that idea would be abandoned as those clubs would see greater benefit in their reserves potentially being one tier below the first team.

Just not a fan of 2nd teams playing in a league system so close to their 1st teams bit like them  trying to chuck them into League 2.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just not a fan of 2nd teams playing in a league system so close to their 1st teams bit like them  trying to chuck them into League 2.

Mixed bag for me as well. Greater movement between different leagues/regions/divisions is going to have a significant impact on what has been "youth" football. Think most clubs would place their reserves within the pyramid and for most of the part time teams this is basically their youth squads. Only the full time clubs would retain a seperate youth league to develop players.

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

This would never go ahead as there's too much common sense involved. Good job!

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

So now that's settled are you going to forward it anywhere otherwise these debates will go on and on and on  ? 

Are you affiliated to any club  ? 

I am not affiliated to any club. I wouldn't even know where to send it. It's not as if doncaster, Regan et all pay attention to fans anyway!

Take Hearts and Hibs B teams out of it, with the South Division being a single Division and you're about right. Mind you. not sure Tweedmouth Rangers and Ormiston being above the likes of Haddington, Whitburn and St.Andrews is quite right, but good effort.  No reason why the East Juniors and EoSFL cannot be merged now, using this format.

Never happen though.

18 hours ago, edinabear said:

I've tried to make this system as fair as possible but of course some clubs may be at a level too low or too high to start with.

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Mind you. not sure Tweedmouth Rangers and Ormiston being above the likes of Haddington, Whitburn and St.Andrews is quite right, but good effort.  

:D

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:13, edinabear said:

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

Agree that the bottom team in League 2 should be automatically relegated, don't think the 2nd bottom team in League 2 should go into playoffs with Lowland League, Highland League runners up in the present 10 club format but if the size of the League increase then maybe.

Only problem would be Geography would teams in say Highland League really want to travel to say Berwick/Annan twice a year and would other League 2 teams want to travel to say Brora if they make it into League 2, don't think so.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Take Hearts and Hibs B teams out of it, with the South Division being a single Division and you're about right. Mind you. not sure Tweedmouth Rangers and Ormiston being above the likes of Haddington, Whitburn and St.Andrews is quite right, but good effort.  No reason why the East Juniors and EoSFL cannot be merged now, using this format.

Never happen though.

Sod the B teams! Re the Tweedmouth and Ormiston thing in reality they are way below the junior sides but things like that would balance out over the years and everyone would find their level.

16 hours ago, edinabear said:

I am not affiliated to any club. I wouldn't even know where to send it. It's not as if doncaster, Regan et all pay attention to fans anyway!

Why not send it to ALL the relevant organisations junior and senior, LL, HL and Doncaster and see if anything comes out of it.  Great job.  It seems very sensible.

On 28/12/2016 at 15:13, edinabear said:

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

Interesting. What do you do about teams that dont want promotion sch as Threave that resigned from the lowland league. Seems unfair that the promotion places are blocked by teams that dont want to be promoted. Isnt it better to have two systems - regional juniors and natonal seniors?

Archived