Coaching Carousel

lichtie23

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Rumours beginning to surface that Bill OBrien will be placed on the trading block by the Texans once Eliminated from the playoffs (Monday)  Heard anything @Spain?

I'd heard rumours of that last week too, yeah. O'Brien, Smith & McNair don't get on particularly well and I don't think O'Brien was all that happy about the Osweiler deal. The rumour is we'll try and go for Shanahan. Arguably it should be Rick Smith that the questions should be getting asked of though.

Anthony Lynn taking on the Chargers role by the sounds of it. Just leaves the 9ers and Skins to go.

Interesting choice, definitely thought there would be others ahead of him given he only moved up to offensive coordinator this season. Rumours suggesting that Gus Bradley is being lined up as the defensive coordinator.

4 hours ago, Spain said:

Anthony Lynn taking on the Chargers role by the sounds of it. Just leaves the 9ers and Skins to go.

We got a HC :P Hoping for Pettine for DC.

Rumour LA Rams want Wes Philips, Skins TE Coach(Wade's son) to join McVay.  Saying Skins could push for a trade.  5th or 6th round.  More likely they'd say thanks for the service and good luck.  

7 hours ago, cal234ey said:

Interesting choice, definitely thought there would be others ahead of him given he only moved up to offensive coordinator this season. Rumours suggesting that Gus Bradley is being lined up as the defensive coordinator.

Whats your take on Pagano ? I changed my mind every week on whether i want him to go or not.

4 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

We got a HC :P Hoping for Pettine for DC.

Rumour LA Rams want Wes Philips, Skins TE Coach(Wade's son) to join McVay.  Saying Skins could push for a trade.  5th or 6th round.  More likely they'd say thanks for the service and good luck.  

We requested permission to interview the dolphins OL coach and got a big fat no. 

Wade runs a 3-4, not sure where that leaves the leagues best 4-3 DT. 

So far the 49ers have interviewed the following for Head Coach.

Anthony Lynn, now hired by the Chargers

Kyle Shanahan, Falcons OC

Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC/QB coach

Sean McVay, now hired by the Rams

Sean McDermott, now hired by the Bills

They've also interviewed 7 candidates so far for the vacant GM post, list is on here. http://www.49ers.com/news/reporttracker.html?icampaign=gmhc_article

Archived