St Johnstone versus Rangers

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

Oh right, he's not with you any longer thanks for the info.It was just that he signed quite a long contract with you.I was quite surprised to hear that he had left..So it was for purely footballing reasons he went ,thanks for clearing that up for me.Much obliged 

No probs. He signed a 3 yr deal so would have been with the club until the summer the 2015 at most and would have been inevitably released when about 15 players left the club after failing to be promoted from the Championship.

Given that Sevco threads are utterly abject this yin takes the biscuit.  St J fans arguing they were better off without Sally takes the forum to a new low, if that's even possible.

Generally the best squad wins the lower divisions, not the team with the best player. So selling Mccoist and beefing up the squad was likely better for us than having Mccoist and having a weak squad.

As I said, I wasn't born back then, but that seems the consensus from Saints fans who were around back then. Much like May, I assume we could've offered Mccoist anything and he would've rejected it.

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Give me your favourite Beedie moment (or one of his goals) for the Saints?

Scored one of the two best goals I've had the pleasure of seeing , both incidently scored East End Park . Beedies was a volley from the corner of the penalty box into the opposite corner of the net , I think from a corner IIRC . I'm also sure this was Pelosi's first game back at EEP after breaklng Browns Leg . He also has the best comedy moment when he managed a shot that ended up going through a ice cream van's window situated in the top corner of the terracing at Muirton Park. .

The second best goal was scored a big fat wobbling John Clark daisy cutter thunderbolt from 25 yrds against us, where the ball never moves after being hit  , i'm sure the ball hit  before Main had even started diving for it .

Archived