Stranraer vs. Airdrieonians

I'm not going to make it to this game - and I don't imagine many Airdrie fans will.  Probably could have made it if it was on Boxing Day, but not for tomorrow, alas.  

Russell's out suspended, but it's good that Ryan's back in.  We really struggled without him against Livi last week.  Boateng's also back - I would assume he'll start, but Id not be disappointed if he doesn't.

It's an important game for us.  After the shocker against Stenny and the dispiriting afternoon at Livingston, we need to get back on track and make sure the heads don't start going down (always a risk, maybe especially with such a young squad).  So, three points please, Santa - and no more stupid red cards!

Edit:  Public service announcement - for those who are going, remember the game kicks off at 1pm, not at 3.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't make my mind up on going bearing in mind the weather report, but surely Boateng will not be brought back in given his defensive lapses, to replace McIntosh? Yes I hope Ryan does play and concentrates on everything but the officials. Half expect /hope that is cancelled so I can go later in year. Jeff Stelling awaits.

Think my missus would divorce me if I went to this one. Her faimly are coming, so I get that pleasure instead of the fitbaw. :blink:  Will be following it closely though.

After Stenny and Livi this game is MASSIVE morale wise. Many thought Stenny would be a breeze so only fools will underestimate Stranraer.

Hope to f**k wee Ryan will be on fire the morra.

3 points would be like a white Christmas for me. And then a Happy New Year against the Rovers!

♢♢♢

Guest TOPFITTER

Impossible to forecast how Stranraer will fare in any game this season. The manager will play his 3 loanees who add up to at best 1/2 a player so at best the Blues play each match with the equivalent of at the best 9 players. If Belford, Dick, Robertson,Bell, Agnew and Gibson try to gee up the rest and succeed then a draw or better is possible if not another embarrassment is likely with REID absolving himself of any fault.

The Comedy Club proudly present, Gavin Ross,  Ralph Gordon and  Ross Anderson as your on pitch stand-up entertainment. I'm guessing a card count of 1 RED and 8 Yellows and a black cloud to welcome the Stair Park faithful into the New Year,,,,,,,Bah-Humbug.

8 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Impossible to forecast how Stranraer will fare in any game this season. The manager will play his 3 loanees who add up to at best 1/2 a player so at best the Blues play each match with the equivalent of at the best 9 players. If Belford, Dick, Robertson,Bell, Agnew and Gibson try to gee up the rest and succeed then a draw or better is possible if not another embarrassment is likely with REID absolving himself of any fault.

The Comedy Club proudly present, Gavin Ross,  Ralph Gordon and  Ross Anderson as your on pitch stand-up entertainment. I'm guessing a card count of 1 RED and 8 Yellows and a black cloud to welcome the Stair Park faithful into the New Year,,,,,,,Bah-Humbug.

:guinness:guinness

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

A deserved 3 points

I did not manage to go but I hope I find a report on what actually happened. Good to see Brown score but how did he play? Once again Ryan proves how good a signing he was-who signed him? looking forward to Rovers game. Would love to return a 5 goal differential to them but derbies are funny old games. I once remember beating them 8-2 and yet losing a week later in Coatbridge!

Jack Leitch's skill and passing was tremendous today and was very much my man of the match. Rohan was only tested once or twice but still we conceded from a quite majestic reverse ball from Turner(?). The big number 19 of the hosts had shades of Taylor Morgan, what with his bizarre ability to be smaller when he jumped and really poor touch. I actually got the fear when Malcolm came on as he and Gibson normally tonk a few in from 30-odd yards but it was really quite comfortable in the end and the scoreline was a fair reflection of the match.

Archived