Albion Rov v East Fife

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Diidn't miss it , dismissed it as an irrelevance. My injection of what I thought was humour , obviously wasn't. We get crap crowds but that is not surprising given the way fans have been treated by previous regimes.

Errmm you did , the point was that all the games he had been to his team lost...........not the size of your support !

4 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Dreadful showing from the Rovers who seem to have rediscovered their winter lethargy.

That's two howlers in a row, although yesterday was a bit closer as East Fife didn't play particularly well either. I see Ryan Wallace got Man of the Match, but that was an unusually poor performance from him, not that he got much help from others. 

You up at Brechin next week, Eddie? I'm going by train so up for a pint if you're able.

Rovers keeper shouting don't fucking come back to a seething Albion rovers fan was the highlight of my day [emoji38] good to see the players and fans getting along

Don't mock Ewan, I've seen that all to often at Bayview, not nice and not needled

11 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

That's two howlers in a row, although yesterday was a bit closer as East Fife didn't play particularly well either. I see Ryan Wallace got Man of the Match, but that was an unusually poor performance from him, not that he got much help from others. 

Yes. If I'd been picking a MotM, I'd have given it to an EF player - Brown.

As you know, I'm not one to have a go at the manager - he's to be congratulated for his achievements. But I don't understand his preference for McCann at RB, and the subsequent shifting of Reid to LB, over Reid and Turnbull in their natural positions. True, Kyle has had some poor games, but McCann doesn't represent an improvement. There are other selection peculiarities too.

Poor stuff yesterday, we had the better of the first half, Wallace almost scored after he chipped the keeper from an outrageous angle and Shields should have done better when through one on one with the keeper. Second half was dire up until they went down to 10 men. Threw Mick up front for the last 10 minutes, if we are going for that kind of tactic I'd rather we put his brother up front. Wallace and McBride both had chances to snatch a point but no joy. Credit to East Fife, they grabbed their goal and held on for the win without having to play well.

So still not mathematically safe with 2 games left. A point yesterday would probably have done it as Peterhead would have needed a swing of around 10 goals in goal difference to finish above us. I don't fancy going into the last game of the season against Livingston needing a result. Fortunately they play Peterhead next week and the champions are showing no signs of taking an early summer break

Bit of a strange game as I felt we played better in the midweek encounter a few weeks back. Albion Rovers shaded the first half as we took some time to adapt to the 3-5-2 system. Second half was a whole lot better, Kerrso's goal has now got me swithering over my POTY vote - a terrific solo effort out of absolutely nothing. The sending off however left us defending for our lives again. Don't think anyone can grumble at a win apiece over the two games at Cliftonhill.

Can we have Ryan Wallace back please? What a shift that wee fella puts in...   

Archived