Albion Rov v East Fife

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

What a difference a good referee makes. Best we have had this season .Pity about the result a draw would have been a fair result . However Rovers took their chance

apart from the Chris Kane tackle was an absolute shocker and any other ref on the planet would have sent him off. 

Absolute scenes when that penalty was saved - lost count of the last minute goals we've conceded over the years but Ross stood his ground and made a great stop. 
Rovers ran themselves into the ground and what a superb finish by Wallace. 6 points in a few days certainly make the table a better viewing this evening. Merry Crimbo all ! 

8 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

What a difference a good referee makes. Best we have had this season .Pity about the result a draw would have been a fair result . However Rovers took their chance

Interesting comment. I wondered if Fifers would want a go at the ref for not awarding a pen when Mick Dunlop, already on a yellow, appeared to trip a forward. Good second half and great to see some spirit return to the Rovers.

Didn't enjoy that match last night whatsoever (who'd have guessed?!). It was a game of few chances, as shown by the shambolic way the only goal was scored. I think it's clear on that performance last night that we're the better side but desperately missed Page at centre half and Kev is also a big loss. It's all well and good us playing better football but we looked utterly toothless last night and fair play to 'Rovers, they dug in and barely gave us a sniff. 

A few things to note, the goal was a defensive shambles, why on earth he even threw the ball to Kerr in (I think) in the first place is beyond me. Whilst Rovers weren't overly impressive, having a player like Wallace who's capable of slotting that home will definitely see them safe of relegation. That challenge later on by Kane was an absolute shocker, should have been a straight read in my opinion, lunging all over the shop with two feet in the air and studs showing! 

Me and my mates did get a free pie from the pie hut around the 80 minute mark. So that was nice.

Another great victory, much that it wasn't pretty and a draw would have better reflected the balance of play.

Whilst I'd like a return to the better football we played earlier in the season, I'm utterly delighted that the team has finally come together to dig ourselves out of what threatened to become a pretty deep hole. If that means we spend the next few weeks playing Route One football, and pressing our opponents into mistakes, then so be it. Survival has to come first.

I do wonder how we would have fared had Ryan Wallace been fit all season. For me, he's our most important player by far. Great work rate and a pretty skillful and quick wee guy too. That was a decent finish last night too.

They possibly were the 

21 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:

It's amazing how many games East Fife have lost when they are the better side. emoji317.png

They probably were "the better side" in terms of passing and movement. Defensive frailties were also evident and led to the only goal. 

4 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Another great victory, much that it wasn't pretty and a draw would have better reflected the balance of play.

Whilst I'd like a return to the better football we played earlier in the season, I'm utterly delighted that the team has finally come together to dig ourselves out of what threatened to become a pretty deep hole. If that means we spend the next few weeks playing Route One football, and pressing our opponents into mistakes, then so be it. Survival has to come first.

I do wonder how we would have fared had Ryan Wallace been fit all season. For me, he's our most important player by far. Great work rate and a pretty skillful and quick wee guy too. That was a decent finish last night too.

Welcome back from your exile. We were fortunate that Mother Snuffleupagus managed to bring your boys to the Exsel in your absence. Of course, I wish to associate myself with all your comments, above. I had wondered, in the dark months just past, if Ryan Wallace had lost interest; last night answered that one. The dressing room has been refound, it seems.

Just now, Bold Rover said:

Welcome back from your exile. We were fortunate that Mother Snuffleupagus managed to bring your boys to the Exsel in your absence. Of course, I wish to associate myself with all your comments, above. I had wondered, in the dark months just past, if Ryan Wallace had lost interest; last night answered that one. The dressing room has been refound, it seems.

Umm...I've been at every game the boys have been at. 

Can't say I ever thought Wallace had lost interest, but it would be hard to grudge him feeling frustrated about his luck with injuries.

33 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Sorry, Stephen. Like Sam, I seemed to have missed you at matches! Perhaps you've decreased in mass? Or something? Pint in St Andrews before end of season?

My Mum goes with us nowadays so I tend to sit up the back at the West end of the stand. Mass has decreased a bit but lots more to go. Pint in St Andrew's would be good :-)

We played some tidy stuff, particularly in the second half but had difficulty in penetrating a dogged Rovers defence. Yes, we probably should have had at least a draw but goals win games as Livingston have found out against us this season. I thought Ryan Wallace put in a terrific shift for Rovers, as did Scott Robinson for us. Jesse Curran was good first half and Nicki Paterson bossed the midfield after the break but, as previously stated, we didn't create enough openings to make best advantage of our possession...    

46 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

We played some tidy stuff, particularly in the second half but had difficulty in penetrating a dogged Rovers defence. Yes, we probably should have had at least a draw but goals win games as Livingston have found out against us this season. I thought Ryan Wallace put in a terrific shift for Rovers, as did Scott Robinson for us. Jesse Curran was good first half and Nicki Paterson bossed the midfield after the break but, as previously stated, we didn't create enough openings to make best advantage of our possession...    

Your team looked good, but maybe Jesse and Nicki need to think about their names? It was a cracking low-league Scottish fitba match which we only occasionally see. Good luck to Fife chasing a top 4 position. You are in a similar position to us last season, so beware of a second season slump next year.

Came along to this game as one of Big Fifer's guests. Thought EF were the better side but didn't really create much in the way of chances, penalty was a decent save but hit at a comfortable height. Kane should have been sent off as well before that. Nice to see Cliftonhill in action though, quite enjoyed the place tbh and getting welcomed coming in was a nice touch- certainly something that goes missing in the Premiership/Championship from experience.

Best bit of the night was the aforementioned free pie, very decent stuff.

Think I'd best stay away from EF matches though as I've been to 3 now this season and The Fife have lost 1-0 in each...sorry guys!

2 hours ago, JockysJetpack said:

Came along to this game as one of Big Fifer's guests. Thought EF were the better side but didn't really create much in the way of chances, penalty was a decent save but hit at a comfortable height. Kane should have been sent off as well before that. Nice to see Cliftonhill in action though, quite enjoyed the place tbh and getting welcomed coming in was a nice touch- certainly something that goes missing in the Premiership/Championship from experience.

Best bit of the night was the aforementioned free pie, very decent stuff.

Think I'd best stay away from EF matches though as I've been to 3 now this season and The Fife have lost 1-0 in each...sorry guys!

Go see livingston from now till the end of the season mate , they need the support apparently..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived