Alloa Athletic V Brechin City

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the guy on the highlights can say the keeper clearly get a hand to the ball is laughable I've watched it 5 or 6 times and still can't tell, if I was a betting man tho I'd bet he never got a touch as the ball would have went away from goal if he had, embarrassing stuff there from Alloa 

That penalty decision is a shocker

How do you come to that conclusion?

You can't possibly see from those highlights if Parry got a touch to the ball. I'd be more inclined to say that he didn't going by that footage, but it's far from conclusive.

Embarrassing stuff from Alloa really.

Standing pretty close to it at the time, the linesmen saying at the time he took the ball and the highlights pretty much confirm it for me

1 hour ago, Overthehedge1 said:

How the guy on the highlights can say the keeper clearly get a hand to the ball is laughable I've watched it 5 or 6 times and still can't tell, if I was a betting man tho I'd bet he never got a touch as the ball would have went away from goal if he had, embarrassing stuff there from Alloa 

Ur Fucken blind then u can clearly see parry flick the ball away.  Zoomer

1 hour ago, Overthehedge1 said:

35 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

You can't possibly see from those highlights if Parry got a touch to the ball. I'd be more inclined to say that he didn't going by that footage, but it's far from conclusive.

Embarrassing stuff from Alloa really.

:thumsup2 :lol: Parry hits the ball with his right hand. You see him scoop it out to the right.

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

:thumsup2 :lol: Parry hits the ball with his right hand. You see him scoop it out to the right.

If you go to the super slow-mo and advance the action you can't really tell whether Ally Love gets a boot to it or Neil Parry gets a glove to it because Alan Trouten is in the way!  Either way though the ball would still go off to the right.  With the referees placing on the left he would have seen Ally's boot more than Parry's glove.

Embarrassing commentary though which ruins an otherwise top notch highlights package. 

48 minutes ago, greendot said:

If you go to the super slow-mo and advance the action you can't really tell whether Ally Love gets a boot to it or Neil Parry gets a glove to it because Alan Trouten is in the way!  Either way though the ball would still go off to the right.  With the referees placing on the left he would have seen Ally's boot more than Parry's glove.

Embarrassing commentary though which ruins an otherwise top notch highlights package. 

:whistle

5 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

:D blinkers mate just step away 

Penalty.jpg

For someone who does the video highlights to understand what i was meaning and get it wrong is unbelievable.  Look at the screen grab, probably a fraction of a second before your second clip.  Ally Love is a full sock behind Alan Trouten and the ball is moving to the right.  The keepers glove is line with his body but moving in the direction of swiping the ball as your highlights show.  If you can tell for sure who got there first then you must have some x-ray footage to show you something that can't be seen because as i said, Alan Trouten is in the way to clearly show what happened :rolleyes:

But you keep whistling if that makes you happy :whistle

I gave you the frame with Parry touching the ball after loves foot has dropped because its in both frames. The ball is changing direction and accelerating. You come back and screencrab Alan trouten blocking the view. Who's blinkered?:lol:

40 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I gave you the frame with Parry touching the ball after loves foot has dropped because its in both frames. The ball is changing direction and accelerating. You come back and screencrab Alan trouten blocking the view. Who's blinkered?:lol:

And thats exactly what i said in my original post.  The action happened when Alan Trouten is in the way.  Ally Love's foot is still up at that point and Parry's hand is coming round.  So yes you are blinkered.

13 minutes ago, greendot said:

And thats exactly what i said in my original post.  The action happened when Alan Trouten is in the way.  Ally Love's foot is still up at that point and Parry's hand is coming round.  So yes you are blinkered.

Perhaps if you win the league by these two points I'll make you a commemorative popup book to explain how physics works. I didn't see Love touch it. I did see Parry touch it. He did it before he touches Love. Does that mean Parry won the ball?  Because it sounds awfully like he did. In any other 1 on 1 the goalkeeper dives at feet and touches the ball then trips the player it's never a foul. 

Let me summarise: Shocking decision.

Parry does clearly get to the ball first. Regardless of the merits of the penalty decision however, we scored an excellent goal early in the second half and had a great platform to go on and win the game. The second goal we concede there is absolutely ridiculous. We also appear to have plenty of the ball and not been particularly incisive. It's easy to blame the officials but even based on a short highlights package you can see that Alloa contributed greatly to their own downfall. Plenty to work on.

The ref gave a fucking penalty.  Deal with it .

Not the first controversial decision there has ever been and certainly not the last. 

As I said before , fair play to the ref for sticking by his decision despite the tears and snotters from Parry who pleasingly sold the jerseys later on. 

Edit.  All the talk is on Parry touching the ball and not on him holding back Love from following up which could be what the penalty was awarded for . There was definitely contact there.  Just a thought . :rolleyes:

As for the commentary and Highlights . :lol::lol:   A bit like a poor impression of the  Derek Johnstone stuff on the Rangers TV . Cringy as f**k. 

Certainly looks like Parry got to it but it also looked like he then clattered Love. Either way it was given and as much as we have been done by decisions - SUCK it up and move on. As has been alluded to else where Alloa had possession but did little with it.

Happy with the win to out our three week blip behind us. Do we know anything of Smith or any of the other injured players? Would be nice to have a full squad at some pint in the year.

Archived