Mobile site and adverts

eez-eh

Question

The past week or so the site has been almost unusable on mobile, freezing when loading a new page. My browser keeps telling me that it's having to block pop-ups from the site which makes me feel it's something to do with ads.

I've already posted on the "redirected to virus type website" about how some of the ads seem to enjoy redirecting you to other websites even if the ad itself hasn't been clicked on. As well as this, there's been a few other threads on here about the ads ever since the switch over to the new layout, and the increase in ads really seems to be hampering the usability of the website.

12 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Aye it's been an absolute fucking shambles on the mobile site for at least a week. Get it fucking sorted. 

First reports I've seen of any issues. I'll have a look into it.

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I am getting redirected to the App Store on any page where the Slots advert of the Game of War advert appear it's quite frustrating. 

Thanks for letting me know, I have logged a support ticket with the ad guys.

15 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

2114c5ac5860a745b05c2d45cf552171.jpg

Full stops keep coming up like this ?

Can you try either updating to the latest version of the App, or if you have already done that, uninstall/reinstall and see if that helps mate?

I am getting redirected to the App Store on any page where the Slots advert of the Game of War advert appear it's quite frustrating. 

Is this on an Apple or Android mobile mate?

8 hours ago, Div said:

Can you let me know if this happens again please?

We've made a change to some of the iOS adverts. Ta!

Haven't seen any of the other adverts I'd mentioned appear all day but there's now an Amazon banner ad, the one that appears below the first post, which now seems to be the culprit in redirecting me to the App Store. 

Archived