Toulon Tournament

thisal

It can only be good news in terms of exposing players to quality opposition in competitive environment.

I think I'm right in saying clubs don't have to release them, but hopefully all will.

Coverage in today's Scotsman does go a bit overboard, however, in implying that it's a great feather in the cap for Sbragia and now Gemmill with the U21s. They had a quite dreadful qualifying campaign finishing 5th in the group, getting beaten home-and-away by Macedonia and France and taking only 1pt off Iceland and Ukraine, then got humped 4-0 in Slovakia in a friendly last month. U19s finished 3rd out of 4 in their group. We clearly haven't been chosen as one of the best U20s in Europe... perhaps it being expanded from 8 to 12 helped.

Malky Mckay. ....Scott gemill n Sbragia......aye it's pnb posters that are at fault for being negative here.....let's just pretend those 3 stooges are sorting everything out n never offer a contrary comment....the more servile we can be the better...god forbid we look at other more modern options....

8 hours ago, dogmc said:

Malky Mckay. ....Scott gemill n Sbragia......aye it's pnb posters that are at fault for being negative here.....let's just pretend those 3 stooges are sorting everything out n never offer a contrary comment....the more servile we can be the better...god forbid we look at other more modern options....

Having another option for our young players to develop in a tournament setting is a positive thing.  It's nothing to do with any of the people you've mentioned (yet).  But no, much better we have the usual "aye, but we'll be pish anyway" attitude.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 01:01, dogmc said:

3 more modern options.....of what?  Give us your three of whatever it is.

On 12/23/2016 at 18:54, forameus said:

Having another option for our young players to develop in a tournament setting is a positive thing.  It's nothing to do with any of the people you've mentioned (yet).  But no, much better we have the usual "aye, but we'll be pish anyway" attitude.  

Some of us would argue that the damage is already done to our under developed talent due to the grass roots system put in place by the likes of Gemmil, Sbragia and the like at the SFA.

But again, it's not really anything to do with being invited to somewhere that will give them more chances.  I'm not saying what went before, or what will go on after is great.  It's probably going to be brutal.  But in isolation - which is all I was ever talking about - it'd be nice to have some positivity that we're being invited to a tournament like this.  

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

But again, it's not really anything to do with being invited to somewhere that will give them more chances.  I'm not saying what went before, or what will go on after is great.  It's probably going to be brutal.  But in isolation - which is all I was ever talking about - it'd be nice to have some positivity that we're being invited to a tournament like this.  

Ok. I'm delighted we've been invited for the first time in over 20years to the Toulon Tournament to essentially be the whipping boys of the group. 

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Ok. I'm delighted we've been invited for the first time in over 20years to the Toulon Tournament to essentially be the whipping boys of the group. 

See how warm and fuzzy that makes you feel?  It's brilliant.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

See how warm and fuzzy that makes you feel?  It's brilliant.

haha. Scotland just makes me feel cold most of the time mate. Glad to be away from there!

Archived