Divorce

Cerberus

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

It's just an absolute financial clusterfuck that I can't understand.

Spend thousands on engagement ring.

Spend thousands on a fucking party (also known as the wedding)

Spend thousands on a deposit for a house you'll get kicked out of when you split up.

Spend thousands on other irrelevant miscellaneous shite to keep her happy.

Well worth it.

You old romantic you.

When doing the washing, I've noticed that the wife's acquired a surprising number of cardigans lately. She claims they're for keeping warm, but now I'm starting to wonder. Might see a solicitor tomorrow just in case.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

When doing the washing, I've noticed that the wife's acquired a surprising number of cardigans lately. She claims they're for keeping warm, but now I'm starting to wonder. Might see a solicitor tomorrow just in case.

Your doing the washing and she's got a whole host of cardigans.

I think we know who wears the trousers in BFTD's house.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Your doing the washing and she's got a whole host of cardigans.

I think we know who wears the trousers in BFTD's house.

She claims to be disabled, but I'm questioning everything now.

I got divorced in 2007 after leaving my wife in 2000,best call I ever made,the best thing I ever did was not going down the CSA and agreeing everything with my ex wife.,we agreed a figure and if the kids ever needing anything she can just call,my wife now has a great relationship with my kids as we showed them respect and she loves them.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

PerthshireBell went through quite a messy divorce I believe. His wife got 50% but he kept the Lexus. Swings and roundabouts eh.

Yes, and for me divorce exposes the frailties and failing of marriage.    Black skinned James Brown was a pioneer of equality who made great strides healing racial tensions in the deep south.   Yet, he tainted his legacy with the laughable, predictable "Its a mans world".   A song so  cringey we had to wait until the 90's and the Black Eyed Peas to produce a worse song. 

"Man made the cars to take us over the road
Man made the train to carry the heavy load
Man made electric light to take us out of the dark
Man made the boat for the water, like Noah made the ark
This is a man's, man's, man's world
But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl"

My ex-wife Moira was a huge exponent of this system.   She was a hard worker let down by her lack of brain so earned only £97,500 between July '98  -  Feb '09.   During the same period I'd earned around 700k.  Incorporate the minimal work need to raise our 3 bairns, and her effort to my marriage dwarfed mine.   She cheated on me, yet the judge granted her 50% of my assets.  

If women choose to participate in bettering the world through worthwhile jobs like Derivatives, Futures Trader , Real Estate Appraiser etc then they'll earn my personal and financial respect and I could potentially re-marry.   

I'll never ever marry anyone who works in Cafe, or as a Primary teacher or Nurse etc.   It will never be worth it.  
Edited by Pearbuyerbell

10 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I'll never ever marry anyone who works in Cafe, or as a Primary teacher or Nurse etc.   It will never be worth it.  

You could have broken it to Mrs M a bit less harshly, FFS.

21 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Real Estate Appraiser

How could you? Genuinely let down.

P.S. I can only think that you live in a shabby suburb of Baltimore rather than Perthshire. 

Edited by welshbairn

Now that I am financially fucked if my girlfriend leaves me I feel that I am married without having to have gone to all the hassle. Some of these stories make my blood boil though, I know one particular case of a family owned business that was passed down from the parents to their son and his wife and the whilst she worked there and contributed to the business she still had an affair but yet is due half the business in the divorce whilst she moves in with her new man. Really doesn't seem fair to me.

I'm getting married in the next few years and tbh it's really just too delay any kids she might want, I'm hoping to get so old I don't need to waste my money on nappies and pranks etc. 

As for divorce, in my experience of people getting divorced it seems to be the best thing that's happened to them in a long time and both parties are happier than ever, that probably says more about the person they originally married though not being right in the first place, certainly in both my uncles cases. 

I think certain people think they should get married for what ever reason, maybe because they are at an age when their parents got married or their friends/siblings are getting married so they just jump right into it and it turns into an utter car crash for a number of reasons and ultimately when the divorce is finalised then its a good feeling but that can't take back all the wasted time and money. 

I just don't see the point now and if i do get married it will be for other peoples reasons and not my own sadly.