Hogmanay Plans

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pals having a house party, teckle.

There is a severe lack of this in Perth with my group of friends. My mate used to need no excuse for a party but now he doesn't want too. Infuriating.

Fu*k all. Hogmanay is a pile of pish, can't be arsed with it these days. Once the bairn's in bed, probably have a couple of drinks with the missus, see in the New Year, then head up to bed. Got family coming on New Years Day so will be wanting to be up, fresh and get on with cooking.

Fu*k all. Hogmanay is a pile of pish, can't be arsed with it these days. Once the bairn's in bed, probably have a couple of drinks with the missus, see in the New Year, then head up to bed. Got family coming on New Years Day so will be wanting to be up, fresh and get on with cooking.

Last year I went to the dancing and started wondering why I'd never done it before.

Overpriced entry, dearer drinks, more minks.

I left at 1.

Last year I went to the dancing and started wondering why I'd never done it before.

Overpriced entry, dearer drinks, more minks.

I left at 1.

I was all over a night like the one you've described above in my late teens and early 20's, and every Hogmanay was the best night ever. What a naive p***k.

There is a severe lack of this in Perth with my group of friends. My mate used to need no excuse for a party but now he doesn't want too. Infuriating.

It's defo the way to go like, 40/50 folk crammed into someone's living room and kitchen all out their dishes, can't beat it.

The old firm game is on the 31 st as well so that will probably mean I will be steaming a good 10 hours before the bells. My main hope this New Years time is so that I'm not ill with too much drinking and eating shite. New Years resolution is to cut down on drinking and also on my caffeine intake.

17 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm going to Spain for my first ever Hogmanay abroad ^_^

I spent Hogmanay in a Spanish train station waiting room once. Tried to pass round a bottle of wine at midnight but just got weird looks.

17 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

We don't have Hogmanay but going out for NYE still seems to be pretty much compulsory down here. Happy to go for a drink any night of the year but can't really be arsed with the once-a-year drinkers making it take ages to get served at the bar and meaning I have to pay a fiver to get into a pub that's free any other day.

This. I'll be lying in bed watching Jools Holland probably.

Archived