Smoked v unsmoked

Romeo

Smoked Bacon or Unsmoked bacon?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I had a Frazzles sandwich with lashings of butter late last night when I got in. :wub:

I really need a bit of meat or cheese thrown in to enjoy a crisp sandwich. Frazzles dipped in espresso is a real treat too. 

On 21/12/2016 at 16:50, heedthebaa said:

I put people that eat smoked bendy bacon in the same category as people who eat their steak rare or medium rare, putting blood all over their plate, disgusting shit. Can't even be near the wife, we order separate tables when out dining 

I realise the main point of this thread is bacon and that may be the reason this absolute disgrace has been ignored, but I'm frankly appalled this kind of behaviour hasn't resulted in a Kilt/Grimbo level hounding.

This vile deviant not only advocates having steak in the medium to well done range - i.e. ruining it - but he has the sheer gall to call others disgusting.

Get him hounded P&B, get him hounded.

2016 really has been dog shit. I don't like seafood, and whenever you tell folk that do like it that they want you to try it because "you will like this though". I now fucking detest seafood.

With you there brother. Keep those vile creatures in the sea FFS.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2016 at 17:53, Tamdunk said:

Anyone had a packet of deep fried streaky bacon spilling out a roll from the horn?

Passing the Horn today I thought I'd try this. Made the mistake of ordering two. It's a ridiculous amount of half cooked streaky bacon on a roll. Gritting my teeth I ignored the soft, uncooked, greasy fat and munched through the first one which was, admittedly, tasty. The second one was a struggle and I was fighting the boak but I managed it in the end. The drive back to Stirling was uncomfortable, with the farts starting around Auchterarder. By Dunblane they were getting quite wet. I'm now typing this from the bog, where my arse exploded barely nano-seconds after the cheeks hitting porcelain. I've flushed three times cos it was piling up and hitting my balls. I swear I could shit through a straw.

On 22/12/2016 at 18:41, Dunning1874 said:

I realise the main point of this thread is bacon and that may be the reason this absolute disgrace has been ignored, but I'm frankly appalled this kind of behaviour hasn't resulted in a Kilt/Grimbo level hounding.

This vile deviant not only advocates having steak in the medium to well done range - i.e. ruining it - but he has the sheer gall to call others disgusting.

Get him hounded P&B, get him hounded.

That post is one of the worst, most disgusting I've seen in P&B history. Criticising people for wanting their steak to have flavour, outrageous.

That post is one of the worst, most disgusting I've seen in P&B history. Criticising people for wanting their steak to have flavour, outrageous.

Nothing wrong with a medium steak, particularly if it's a fillet. A moderate char on the outside adds to the flavour IMO.

However, I do agree that having a steak well-done is over-doing it and spoils it.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Nothing wrong with a medium steak, particularly if it's a fillet. A moderate char on the outside adds to the flavour IMO.

However, I do agree that having a steak well-done is over-doing it and spoils it.

To be honest I don't care how people have their steak, if they like it tough as a boot then they're paying for it so crack on. To criticise people for having it how professional chefs suggest it for the best flavour etc is utterly ridiculous and needs called out.

• 2 months later...

Archived