Smoked v unsmoked

Romeo

Smoked Bacon or Unsmoked bacon?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Unsmoked. And barely cooked. It can't be crispy at all. Unsmoked whiplash bacon, where bits of it spring back and slap you on the chin. Perfect. 

By any chance do you also partake in three slices of bread with tomato sauce as a midnight snack? 

You utter mentalist!

1 minute ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I don't partake in ketchup at all. Common muck.

I thought Philpy's tomato sauce sandwiches story was depressing (and it was). This story of eating undercooked and unsmoked bacon runs it tight for all sorts of other reasons.

Philpy's story made me think of some sad twelve-toed Fifer in absolute poverty, forced to eat nothing other than smart price wafer-thin bread with a big bottle of Daddie's as an accompaniment and forcing himself to pass it off as midnight treat as a coping mechanism. You're wilfully going out of your way to ruin a perfectly good bit of pig, though.

Well, perfectly good once it's been smoked. ;)

I put people that eat smoked bendy bacon in the same category as people who eat their steak rare or medium rare, putting blood all over their plate, disgusting shit. Can't even be near the wife, we order separate tables when out dining 

1 hour ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Unsmoked. And barely cooked. It can't be crispy at all. Unsmoked whiplash bacon, where bits of it spring back and slap you on the chin. Perfect. 

Grounds for referral to Neurology imo!

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I had a packet of Frazzles last night. They were excellent. I don't know if they specify if they're smoked/unsmoked. Love a packet of Bacon Fries too. 

Despite not liking crispy or unsmoked bacon, I do love a packet of Frazzles. 

Pork scratchings break my teeth. I should go to the dentist. Had deep fried pigs ears as a tapas in Spain once. They were a bit hairy and had bits that looked like earlobes. Utterly revolting, it was one of the very few things I couldn't eat. Chewed happily on a sheep's eye ball once.

Archived