Smoked v unsmoked

Romeo

Smoked Bacon or Unsmoked bacon?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Would it help if I put it between some cold slices of toast? 

Aye, walk away, man. Walk away. 

It would certainly make it more appetising than what you described.

Unsmoked. And barely cooked. It can't be crispy at all. Unsmoked whiplash bacon, where bits of it spring back and slap you on the chin. Perfect. 

That's worrying behaviour that is. I like cooking it to the point it's so hard i can pick it up and slap it down on the plate and break it in half.

I've always just bought smoked because it sounds like it has more flavour.

Is it worth dipping in some unsmoked to taste the difference or it best to stick with what you're familiar with?

(TBH I think your response to this says a lot about your character. f**k all to do with ham (as I used to call it back in my Ayrshire days))

Just now, Shandon Par said:

To be perfectly honest, it may sound flash but I cook two types of bacon at once when having a cooked breakfast or just bacon rolls. Unsmoked and either smoked streaky or smoked/cured. Fried egg, nice roll, yum. 

It doesn't sound flash at all.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

That's worrying behaviour that is. I like cooking it to the point it's so hard i can pick it up and slap it down on the plate and break it in half.

Your plates could be doing with breaking.

Archived