Smoked v unsmoked

Romeo

Smoked Bacon or Unsmoked bacon?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both, smoked is fine by itself, unsmoked is preferable with some broon sauce. Prefer back bacon to streaky and not a fan of crispy or too much fat. Bacon cannot be too salty either.

The portable take away van in the Wickes car park on Longman Road just after the Esso garage and the B&Q as you approach the Caley Stadium does a nice bacon roll, with thick back bacon. Spot on with a Red Bull. I think Red Bull has apple juice in it so its a good combination with the bacon.

Perth Bus Station, the cafe there is either hit or miss when it comes to bacon rolls, but sometimes they get it spot on with the smoked back. A good breakfast if you are on the move.

21 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Both, smoked is fine by itself, unsmoked is preferable with some broon sauce. Prefer back bacon to streaky and not a fan of crispy or too much fat. Bacon cannot be too salty either.

The portable take away van in the Wickes car park on Longman Road just after the Esso garage and the B&Q as you approach the Caley Stadium does a nice bacon roll, with thick back bacon. Spot on with a Red Bull. I think Red Bull has apple juice in it so its a good combination with the bacon.

Perth Bus Station, the cafe there is either hit or miss when it comes to bacon rolls, but sometimes they get it spot on with the smoked back. A good breakfast if you are on the move.

tl;dr

To be honest I'm not fussed either. I only buy unsmoked as it appears to be the slightly less unhealthy one of the two.

I've cut it out almost altogether as it's all unhealthy. Was eating it every day for a couple of years along with white bread which can't be healthy. Don't mind getting it in when I'm hungover though.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

A lot of OsFTW being outed and backtracking here.

Says the man at the top of OFTW Towers.

"Would you like your bacon in a roll?"

"No thanks. I found this cold toast down the back of the sofa - it will do just fine"

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Says the man at the top of OFTW Towers.

"Would you like your bacon in a roll?"

"No thanks. I found this cold toast down the back of the sofa - it will do just fine"

zach.jpg

Archived