Royal Rumble 2017

JamieStevenson

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

That's my favourite then, I've just started watching back through them all in preparation for January, Randy Orton's win in recent times was great as well. 

Nah, couldn't get into that one at all. Was all a bit dull for me.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, diamond_for_life said:

Was that when he punted Mcmahon in the coupon the week previous?

Aye. They made the HHH/Orton storyline such a huge part of the rumble match itself it made it utterly predictable. Especially as Rhodes and DiBiase effectively protected Orton for large parts of it.

Much prefer the matches that have an air of unpredictability about them.

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Never watch these days but remember I thoroughly enjoyed the first year Kane came out and cleaned house then I think remained in for a record breaking time before being eliminated?

Sounds like 2001. Drew Carey aside, that was a great rumble. Loved the Haku/Meng cameo. He was one tough fucker.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Roman Reigns was cracking in his first rumble. 2014 I think. Hilarious the shift in crowd reaction to him in just a year.

That's because he went from the quiet, cool, intense one to saying daft shit like 'suffering succotash' in that year. :lol:

2006 is probably my most hated Rumble.

The whole thing is ruined when they don't close the show with a Rumble match as well. Disgusting.

Any time they don't close the show with the rumble match is an absolute disgrace.

On 25/12/2016 at 18:08, The Naitch said:

Any time they don't close the show with the rumble match is an absolute disgrace.

Only thing that ruined '97 for me. Great Rumble with a controversial finish that has the crowd going... title match afterwards

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is that the one where Mil Mascaras forgot the rules and did a plancha to the outside?

Yup. There was quite a few AAA wrestlers in the rumble due to an association WWE had with them at the time 

Sounds like 2001. Drew Carey aside, that was a great rumble. Loved the Haku/Meng cameo. He was one tough fucker.

Read or seen something about Haku/Meng not so long ago. Generally acknowledged by his peers as the legit toughest b*****d on the roster as he was the only guy who Andre The Giant feared, because he slapped Andre down and put him in his place. Or something like that...?

Archived