Raymie Buchanan Retires

The big man went in for keyhole surgery the day expecting to be back playing in 6 weeks, but injury is a lot worse than expected and has been told not to play again, or a knee replacement will be needed in the near future. As a personal friend of Raymie, im absolutely gutted for him, as i know how much he loved playing football, but future health must be his priority, with him having a young kid and running his own business. The manager has asked him to stay on and help out which is good to hear, as he would be a massive loss, not only on the field, but also off it. Good luck to the big yin in his new role, and you never know, might even be a Vics manager of the future

Sorry to hear this news , I know we have banter tt but you's have had terrible luck with injuries and that's not nice to hear off 

The amount off serious injuries we've had this season is mental. Never known it so bad. To be still in the promotion race speaks volumes for the management

Thought big Raymie was an outstanding centre half, never lost a header and was pretty mobile for a guy his size. Not seen him play for a number of years but between 2008-11 period I thought he was as good as any centre half in the juniors and with a bit of luck he could easily have gone further in the game. Played with him briefly at Whitletts and he was a really nice big guy, which kind of surprised me given how uncompromising he was when I had played against him!

Sorry to hear about big Raymie. An outstanding player for Whitletts over the past 10 years despite the wee forays to East Stirling and Cumnock. An ariel threat at all set pieces but was always good for a wee penalty at the other end! Held the defence together when the Club had a great 5 years in the Super League First Division. His recent injuries have reflected in Vic's results and will be a hard man to replace. The ankles of every centre forward in the District League will be grateful of the news. However he used his physical attributes and strength to give him a name as an outstanding defender within Ayrshire. I could see why Jim Geddes when he came to Ardrossan that his first target to sign was Raymond, but  the big man stayed loyal to his home town team. Good luck for the future Raymond and I'm sure there will be some opportunity arising for him at Dam Park set up,.

Sorry to hear about big Raymie. An outstanding player for Whitletts over the past 10 years despite the wee forays to East Stirling and Cumnock. An ariel threat at all set pieces but was always good for a wee penalty at the other end! Held the defence together when the Club had a great 5 years in the Super League First Division. His recent injuries have reflected in Vic's results and will be a hard man to replace. The ankles of every centre forward in the District League will be grateful of the news. However he used his physical attributes and strength to give him a name as an outstanding defender within Ayrshire. I could see why Jim Geddes when he came to Ardrossan that his first target to sign was Raymond, but  the big man stayed loyal to his home town team. Good luck for the future Raymond and I'm sure there will be some opportunity arising for him at Dam Park set up,.

Nice words mate, il be sure to pass on the message

Archived