Old photos of your club

Do you happen to know what game that was?

Think this looks like Dunfermline v Kilmarnock season 1988-89

If it's a league game has to be that season as Pars were Premier Division the season before and Kilmarnock got relegated to the second division season at the end of season 88-89

That looks like David Irons nearest the camera - he joined The Pars from The Bankies in March 1988

• 2 weeks later...

Can remember playing football at school with a medicine ball (footballs were banned because it was the early 00s and the ned-craze and all that came with it got them banned). My old PE teacher said the old balls were exactly like that back in the day. Brutal. 

• 2 years later...
On 28/08/2017 at 19:10, ShaggerG said:

The reason I was asking is that that looks like Gregor Abel at RB. I know he coached you in the late eighties but don't think he was a signed player. Wondered if it was maybe a pre season game or something?

Gregor Abel was manager of Alloa in the era of this picture, his playing career had ended a few years earlier. He was a terrific manager and built an excellent side with what I suspect was an extremely modest budget.  It was the first Alloa team I watched and the success was probably key in grabbing my attention as a kid.

Gregor was very harshly sacked while battling against relegation in the First Division and unfortunately didn't work as a manager again. 

ET8Y1nQXQAA2TY7.jpeg.2557d66dd354b72e99dd6412bac3d113.jpeg

Gregor Abel was manager of Alloa in the era of this picture, his playing career had ended a few years earlier. He was a terrific manager and built an excellent side with what I suspect was an extremely modest budget.  It was the first Alloa team I watched and the success was probably key in grabbing my attention as a kid.
Gregor was very harshly sacked while battling against relegation in the First Division and unfortunately didn't work as a manager again. 
ET8Y1nQXQAA2TY7.jpeg.2557d66dd354b72e99dd6412bac3d113.jpeg
Held in very high regard at Dunfermline.