Drummy Ams

TNW

7 hours ago, the_joker said:

What I saw was the big bald striker punched the keeper in the guts and the keeper responded. Then when he walked away the boy Ally from Haldane said something to him, so he went nuts and started windmilling him before both were fighting on the ground. Lasted about 5 seconds before getting dragged off by both sets of players.

The ref then sent off the 2 haldane strikers and the drum ams keeper. The haldane players surrounded the ref asking why he sent off their 2 players, then he abandoned the game just before ht.

After consultation and asking the ref to take the 15 mins to calm down and let everything settle, He admitted he had lost control of the game and could't continue.

The players, staff and supporters were told the game was finished.

Both sets of players and management had a drink in the club after the match with no trouble at all. The ref could have handled it better IMO. Was a good game to watch up until that point aswell.

So players and are punching kicking & headbutting but its the ref fault for stopping game.

Played against both clubs in the past and they are generally ok apart from the odd loudmouth on touchlines.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not blaming the ref at all. Me and others at the side just felt at the time that he could have took the 15 mins at half time for everything to settle. 3 people out of 22 caused it. Everyone else was calm and apart from that 1 incident it was a good game to watch. Not any dirty tackles but plenty competitive ones, the way it should be.

I for one have had experience in this.... one of my own team mates stuck the head in me during a game, i never reacted after the fact as I coach for a living and didn't want any ban effecting this. Can I see why the keeper would react, absolutely no place for it on a football park whatsoever. The ref had every right to abandon game, as his safety and the safety of the remaining players on the park is more important than a football game when 3 grown men are acting like complete c***s. I do however sympathise with the goal keeper as I know first hand what it's like.

Feel sorry for a head case who "windmilled" some one for saying something to him? Can't see how that makes it 3 people starting it. Goalie and striker are fighting fair enough, why attack someone else. Been called loads of names on the park never hit anyone for it

I am not affiliated with any of the clubs, no. I go and watch a few of the teams from over this side of the city when Partick aren't at home. I am familiar with the ams game tho and personally like the central league. Some really good players playing in that league.

Quite a detailed statement from a mere observer/bystander. Including the fact both teams shared a drink after the game lol. I just don't buy it, as I said the big baldy boy is a gentlemen having played many times over the years against him and even three times within the last 12 months!

3 minutes ago, Wilsy said:

Quite a detailed statement from a mere observer/bystander. Including the fact both teams shared a drink after the game lol. I just don't buy it, as I said the big baldy boy is a gentlemen having played many times over the years against him and even three times within the last 12 months!

Yeah you normally get that people pretending they were just along watching happened to be in the area like like the league blah blah and all along they are backroom member of the team

Without looking as if I am protesting too much......

The game was abandoned....Everyone who was watching was asking what was going on.....We were told what was happening between management and ref. 

When did I say I just happened to be in the area? I happen to live fairly local. I used to watch Drum Utd often until they folded. Now I watch local teams.

Is that so hard to believe? 

Your showing your true colours now Wilsy played against the drum a few times never any problems don't no were you get the horirible lot thing from but then again you seem to b an expert in all things football sounds like sour grapes to me imo

My true colours have not been shown. I have made several points which are quite valid. Yes I wasn't there on sat, what I'm saying is this. Supposedly the big guy hit the keeper, he fights back. Ok send them both off. Another player says something to the keeper and he gets "wind milled" that's the jokers words not mine. To me that's the actions of a mad man. Add to that I would put money on the big guy not hitting the keeper first it makes my mind up for me. It's lies. Plus the fact drum are known for aggro

1 hour ago, The angry man said:

How can they b valid points if you weren't at the match as AV said I only comment on things AV seen and not heard plus your quick to judge the drum goalie and blow smoke up the big guy fa haldane said arse so am out am away to make my granny's tea

Hey charlie tell your granny i said hello.

Archived