Boxing Match, sorry Boxing Day Match: Pars vs Bairns of Grangemouth

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I genuinely can't remember Falkirk having a penalty shout? Were they even in our box apart from the goal? I hear Houston was moaning as usual after the game? 

I'm still awaiting the photographic evidence. May have to retire for the evening without seeing it.

I provided pictures clearly showing a couple of our shouts which were not given.

Houston, moaning? Surely not?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I'm still awaiting the photographic evidence. May have to retire for the evening without seeing it.

I provided pictures clearly showing a couple of our shouts which were not given.

Houston, moaning? Surely not?

Im sure footage will be available soon as Falkirk TV camera at the perfect angle to show the scum all over Tom Taiwo, hauling him to the deck fairly blatantly.

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

Im sure footage will be available soon as Falkirk TV camera at the perfect angle to show the scum all over Tom Taiwo, hauling him to the deck fairly blatantly.

If we could only see it, we may be able to give you a verdict. I, like Salvo, cannot even recall a shout from the Falkirk masses. So if all the penalty shouts had been given, we'd possibly have beaten you 3-2? Now that the hoodoo is no more.

"If we keep playing like that we'll win games" is the title of this season anyway.
Comfortably the better side but a lack of guts and willingness to take a risk in the final 3rd costs us more points.
Falkirk were absolutely there for the taking and we only managed a draw, which is poor.
McMullen was excellent today, falkirk left back was struggling to handle him all game, so determined to fight past his man and get the ball back again when we didn't have it was incredibly refreshing, another completely pedestrian performance by McCabe will be masked by the fact he scored the pen (It's a worrying state of affairs when Rhys fucking McCabe shows the biggest set of balls in your team).
Jo Cardle put in the single worst display I've ever seen him put in for us, his confidence looks absolutely shot to hell.
So many times our players looked like they refused to shoot out of fear that they might miss, a very worrying sign indeed.
Hopefully get a Fais loan to bring the sexy back in Jan :wub:
All in a very frustrating performance and a missed opportunity, definitely 2 points dropped there.
Note: Ful credit to the Falkirk fans who turned up in big numbers and were spot on during the minute's applause.

The Falkirk left back struggled [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He is 17 and was probably the best player on the pitch. McMullen got one cross in against him all day, early 2nd half.

McMullen by the end of the game was deployed in stopping Gallagher getting forward

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Falkirk left back struggled emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

He is 17 and was probably the best player on the pitch. McMullen got one cross in against him all day, early 2nd half.

McMullen by the end of the game was deployed in stopping Gallagher getting forward

He must have been awesome, seeing as McMullan was Man of the Match, pretty much unanimously.

Thought Falkirk created virtually nothing all game although move for goal was terrific. Penalty decision looked incredibly soft.

Thought McMullan was best player by some margin. Nobody in Falkirk shirt stood out for me although Grant and Gallacher were solid.Kerr may be slowing down but he carried Taiwo and Sibbald who were pretty much anonymous.

McMullen created absolutely nothing. Very poor overhyped ex OF player

Tommy Taiwo imo is hugely underrated by our fans, Houston plays him out of position week in week out and he's still normally one of the better players, he also is a great ball winner and can often pick a pass. Shame he turns clueless when within shooting distance tho

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why did Dunfermline settle for a point lest 25 mins? Only one team tried to win the game in that period despite creating only half chances

Someone trying to rewrite history. Falkirk continued timewasting after we scored. Never in a hurry to take throw-ins, kick outs or free kicks.

Someone trying to rewrite history. Falkirk continued timewasting after we scored. Never in a hurry to take throw-ins, kick outs or free kicks.

Admit it, you were not there

You must have been at a different match - unlike so many wide players he constantly goes on the outside and delivers decent quality. I can recall 6/7 dangerous situations that he created - if I was picking a forward player from either team to play at a higher level he is the only one on either side that would even come into contention.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Admit it, you were not there

Yeah, I hacked into Craig Brown's network syphoned off a few pics, degraded them to amateur quality and used fancy software to make them look like they were taken from an elevated position in the crowd rather than at trackside. I mastered these skills working as a CIA operative, when I was seconded from GCHQ's deep undercover taskforce deployed by MI7 (most don't know we even existed until you finally forced me into submission). Two minutes of BPM is like an eight hour session of waterboarding after all.

Find it hard to figure out how anyone can say that McMullan had a poor game? He was about the only decent thing to watch today, Hippolyte was decent back lacked a final ball, was disappointed in Sibbald. He was steady but not the standout he was at the last game.

Higginbotham was a huge miss for us, we simply don't have two quality wide players to replace our top two.

Dunfermline played well today, McMullen look very dangerous for the first 20mins but I thought Gallacher dealt with him well throughout. Disappointed with today's performance but really unsure how we can improve, Loy coming in as a loan maybe along with a right side midfielder? Loved the Hippolyte chant after the goal, more of that please!

Mcmullan was his usual self . Looks good on the ball but no final product. That's why he's been shunted out on loan to the likes of St mirren and Morton neither of whom were interested in getting him back again. 

And let's not forget that even if we'd won 6-0 I'm sure the motm would've still been a pars player. That's the way it goes at every club.

Mcmullan was our only player that looked like he actually wanted to do something. 2nd half awful from both sides. We should have scored at least one in the 1st half but bottled every chance.

Thought we were marginally better overall but tbh I was just gobsmacked at how sh*t Falkirk were. You've had 3 seasons at a higher level and it really didn't show today and I'm not really bothered what our positions in the table are because neither team will go up nor down.

Why did Dunfermline settle for a point lest 25 mins? Only one team tried to win the game in that period despite creating only half chances

That's great, we were the better team for the first 65 minutes, I'd imagine it was due to a dreadful use of substitutions that we struggled and Falkirk ended up being the better team, in that time, of course you still creating nothing and playing awful football as was persistent with both sides throughout the game.

The Falkirk left back struggled [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I can only imagine that because he's came through your youth side that you have a soft spot for him but he was entirely below average.
He was certainly the weak spot in your defence with us getting the most joy down your left hand side, McMullan went past him time and time again, his final ball was lacking but that was normally due to a covering defender/midfielder/McMullan being a young winger and generally having a poor end product, as is rife with pretty much every winger I've ever seen at this level.
From that Falkirk side today I would've picked Kerr out as having the best game, with the left back and Baird having particularly poor ones.

That's not to say Gallagher won't go on to have quite the successful career, he is only seventeen and playing first time games at this age will only help him.

He was gubbins today though, if any other of your defenders had let an attacking player go past them with such ease today they would've been slaughtered

Archived