What do you call them?

jagfox

Pigs in blankets or kilted sausages?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What are folks' thoughts on streaky bacon? Personally I think it's tremendous.

I was just saying on the official bacon thread how I like to spice up a bacon roll with some smoked, streaky bacon in with the normal stuff. Yum. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Crispy rashers of streaky bacon in a roll with a fried egg.  Back bacon for a plate of bacon/eggs/tattie scone/mushrooms/grilled tomatoes/pork links.  Smoked in both cases.

NB anyone referring to 'slices' of bacon probably uses shoe-lifts.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

In America I love the stuff. Over here though, I'm all about the back cut.

Interestingly I had a side order of something called 'candied bacon' in Bob Evans' in Florida. It shouldn't have worked but it was essentially three rashers of streaky, cooked crisp then dipped in a maple glaze and cooled to room temp to let the glaze set a bit. It was phenomenal....crunchy, chewy, sticky and sweet/salty.

Shouldn't have worked at all but it was immense.

• 1 year later...
On 21/12/2016 at 13:49, KnightswoodBear said:

Any future war between the Smoked Bacon Faction (SBF) and the weak and feeble minded Unsmoked Bacon Faction (USBF) would be swift and brutal.  The SBF would use their superior strength and intelligence to decimate the USBF who would undoubtedly be cowering in their hovels trying to open packets of crisps from the bottom without spilling them on the floor.

Aye but I’ve still got 30 rashers of extra thick bacon to slap yous all aboot wi. :P

Thought I was posting this in the Nom Nom Nom thread.:lol:

Archived