Old Firm Colts in L2

I think killie would be happy with that set up,why are you deflecting away from this proposal with this hypothetical mince? 

Why the f**k would Killie be happy with that???

And I’m not deflecting. [emoji23]

I’m providing a situation that would present exactly the same situation for Celtic fans that lower league fans would have with B teams.

Would you be happy with it??? Even if you knew for a fact it would improve Scottish players into world beaters?

You’re deflecting. Scrambling about all over the place now you’ve been asked to say whether or not you’d be happy if you were in a similar situation. Embarrassing.

One game, do you think that level of competition would be allowed/ tolerated over a 38 game season?
Also good luck to a 17 year old Celtic/ Rangers Colt player dragging their studs over a 35 year old no nonsense L2, part-time player that might just support the other half of the bigot brothers. He'd be put up in the air the next time he got close to the ball. Great for player development...

Third of 3 posts citing Rangers and Celtic u-20's.

This thread is about maximising value of Dev Teams, and impacts of Project Brave on SPFL 2 teams. I'm not sure too many people on here (and I may be wrong) are terribly interested in what old firm coaches think.

Unless you have a perspective to positively influence a benefit to the SPFL2 community, off you pop now.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

This is why you lack credibility in everything else you put forward. It's the arrogance of an old firm fan.

You should know.

When it comes to sour grapes, Celtic fans are without comparison.

I don't expect you to answer the question,how is the league devalued if every club knows the rules before it starts?
continue to sling more mud because you are incapable to have a debate with your lack of knowledge.

This thread is about maximising value of Dev Teams, and impacts of Project Brave on SPFL 2 teams. I'm not sure too many people on here (and I may be wrong) are terribly interested in what old firm coaches think.

Unless you have a perspective to positively influence a benefit to the SPFL2 community, off you pop now.

Who made you the boss of who can and can’t give their opinion on this?

I don't expect you to answer the question,how is the league devalued if every club knows the rules before it starts?
continue to sling more mud because you are incapable to have a debate with your lack of knowledge.
Answer ALL the questions that you've left unaswered before you came away with the above please.

What exactly does knowing the rules before the league starts have to do with anything?

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've watched Clyde for over 40 years. Yet you seek to accuse me of a lack of knowledge of lower league football and tell me that it wouldn't be devalued by the introduction of youth teams?

When you stand alone in a debate with few of any supporters, I'd suggest the evidence points to the fact that you're the one with a lack of knowledge of lower league football, its clubs and their fans.

Edited by haufdaft

8 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

FANS WON'T GO THE THE YOUTH GAMES, that right there in capital letters is one of the reasons the league is devalued.

It's devalued as a viewing spectacle.

There is also the worry that many just wouldn't go to ANY game, which has been threatened here by more than one poster.

If that happens, it's devalued financially too.

It's devalued, too, by the big teams and governing bodies thinking that using the lower leagues as a guinea pig scenario and kindergarten is acceptable.

Other than that, and probably a few more obvious reasons such as the current proposers sucking up even more young talent, you're possibly correct (but you're not).

That's every fans choice to go or not go (fecking quoting Shakespeare)

It’s not the green bigots contributions that are making this thread unreadable, it’s all the bites he’s getting from utter simpletons like 1320Lichtie.

Stop biting to the most obvious trolling in the history of P&B and he goes away. It really is as simple as that. 

It’s not the green bigots contributions that are making this thread unreadable, it’s all the bites he’s getting from utter simpletons like 1320Lichtie.
Stop biting to the most obvious trolling in the history of P&B and he goes away. It really is as simple as that. 
Aye, you're probably correct. Just a bit bored at lunchtime personally.

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

I've watched Clyde for over 40 years. Yet you seek to accuse me of a lack of knowledge of lower league football and tell me that it wouldn't be devalued by the introduction of youth teams?

When you stand alone in a debate with few of any supporters, I'd suggest the evidence points to the fact that you're the one with a lack of knowledge of lower league football leagues, their clubs and fans.

I went to the cumbernauld colts v gala game on Friday night decent wee game about 100-130 fans at the game.
If you are going to come on here and have a pop at me rather than make a point by point scoring then feck off.

I wish it was trolling.

I went to the cumbernauld colts v gala game on Friday night decent wee game about 100-130 fans at the game.
If you are going to come on here and have a pop at me rather than make a point by point scoring then feck off.
Obviously, this makes you a expert on the lower leagues now.

I once watched Clyde gloriously ragdoll Celtic. Does that make my opinions valid on what Celtic fans feel would devalue their league?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Any scenario you put forward is a education and a learning experience to the colt teams which in turn will help them develop, winning ugly or winning with a performance every different way to win a game of football,football is not an exact science.

So I'd put to you. What do you think the coaches would be saying after the game if the Colts had wasted the last 30 minutes of a competitive game by launching balls into corner flags, taking ages at free-kicks and throw ins and faining injuries to run down the clock? 

You have an idealistic view on Colt teams because you support the idea. I don't think there is an example of a Colt team in any league that are protected from relegation (where relegation at that level exists). It wouldn't work. Competitive football is not comparable with a Colt team protected from said competition. they'll use games as training exercises because that's one way youths at that level have to develop.

Young players do not learn anything from standing at corner flags. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about this point. 

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Scenario if teams are going to say after he event if we had beat the colt teams we would have won the league it will be sour grapes in their part. 

No, it wouldn't. This shows you don't know the meaning of the term 'sour grapes'.

Sour grapes is when you describe a cup you've just been knocked out of as a 'diddy competition' i.e. not worth winning.

Just now, haufdaft said:

Obviously, this makes you a expert on the lower leagues now.

I once watched Clyde gloriously ragdoll Celtic. Does that make my opinions valid on what Celtic fans feel would devalue their league?

That's 2 posts without answering the question, i have friends that support the bully wee they don't seem to think the league will be devalued?

27 minutes ago, A Believer said:

Seems like blatant deflection of a valid point TBH. I tell you who will be interested? The youth players being coached by them. Baffling approach to a debate this one. 

I have a perspective and it seems to be one that's shared by most. A positive influence would be supporting the vast majority of  fans of Scottish clubs that don't want to see Colt teams in the league and realise the obvious reasoning for it. To better Rangers and Celtic youth players. Not Scottish youth players not the Scotland national team, Rangers and Celtic youth players. 

If you don't see that then there's no point trying to have a debate with you. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's 2 posts without answering the question, i have friends that support the bully wee they don't seem to think the league will be devalued?

You have Clyde supporting friends (plural) that think the Colt idea would be good for the league and wouldn't devalue it? Seems unlikely