Old Firm Colts in L2

Please explain your working on this, how will it benefit
A. League 2 clubs.
B. Clubs in HL & LL pyramid.
C. Scottish national side.
D. League 1 & Championship clubs.
E. Sevco & Celtic youth players.
F. General youth development nationwide.

A. League 2 clubs could benefit from extra money like I said in the opening post

B. The same clubs that want to stay in the Highland & Lowland Leagues? Nothing but they will still be able to get promoted

C. A lot more players (18-21) will play within the old firm teams and they will develop a footballing DNA

D. Who knows I believe it could benefit them having OF cast offs who don’t make it and they will have a 21 year old with 100 appearances and more experience then most

E. A chance to develop together and form a footballing DNA. And to improve quality of football within the lower leagues

F. Will improve massively and will encourage more B Teams

A. League 2 clubs could benefit from extra money like I said in the opening post

B. The same clubs that want to stay in the Highland & Lowland Leagues? Nothing but they will still be able to get promoted

C. A lot more players (18-21) will play within the old firm teams and they will develop a footballing DNA

D. Who knows I believe it could benefit them having OF cast offs who don’t make it and they will have a 21 year old with 100 appearances and more experience then most

E. A chance to develop together and form a footballing DNA. And to improve quality of football within the lower leagues

F. Will improve massively and will encourage more B Teams

One of the problems is if folks were to be honest is that much of the views are skewed by a hatred/dislike of the Old Firm rather than an objective look at matters. For example, There is probably likely to be a benefit to young players regularly playing more experienced and motivated opposition so some sense in the idea - that doesn't mean though that overall it is a good idea

One of the problems is if folks were to be honest is that much of the views are skewed by a hatred/dislike of the Old Firm rather than an objective look at matters. For example, There is probably likely to be a benefit to young players regularly playing more experienced and motivated opposition so some sense in the idea - that doesn't mean though that overall it is a good idea

Nothig to do with my hatred of the mutants. I'm against any "colt" sides. Young players can currently benefit from a very good development loan system we currently have in place, allowing them to play senior football as well as development football.

This idea is purely only benefits the 2 clubs wanting it. This will in no way benefit Scottish Football, infact I reckon if it was to go through, it would kill off the lower leagues.

3 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Nothig to do with my hatred of the mutants. I'm against any "colt" sides. Young players can currently benefit from a very good development loan system we currently have in place, allowing them to play senior football as well as development football.

This idea is purely only benefits the 2 clubs wanting it. This will in no way benefit Scottish Football, infact I reckon if it was to go through, it would kill off the lower leagues.

Ahhh, Budge's masterplan has been rumbled.  Just surprised that the OF are willing to be her stooges. ;)

Having thought about it if it does go ahead that’ll be me done. Probably getting to the age now where I can’t make every Saturday now anyway.

Elgin have released the proposal they’ve received.

Reads like an absolute wad of shite. I actually think I’d end up wanting Scotland to start getting pumped all the time too just out of spite. Might be petty but If they’re ruining my weekends and main football enjoyment over a whole year then f**k them.

http://www.elgincity.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Colt-teams-Jan-18.pdf

15 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Young players already do play regularly against more experienced players and teams, often in leagues higher than League 2. As pointed out, it's called the loan system.

If the Reserve League is brought back then that's more opportunity for this to happen as well.

We don't need or want 'colt' teams.

Is someone arguing that playing for Rangers Colts in League 2 alongside a bunch of kids will help them develop a 'football DNA' as opposed to playing in League 2 with Arbroath, Annan etc etc?

Do people have any fucking idea how disrepectful shit comments like that are towards clubs like my own?

Why will playing for Rangers/ Celtic youth teams develop a 'footballing DNA' as opposed to Arbroath players who don't get this 'footballing DNA'?

f**k me - absolute fucking drivel.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Having thought about it if it does go ahead that’ll be me done. Probably getting to the age now where I can’t make every Saturday now anyway.

Reads like an absolute wad of shite. I actually think I’d end up wanting Scotland to start getting pumped all the time too just out of spite. Might be petty but If they’re ruining my weekends and main football enjoyment over a whole year then f**k them.

From the statement, it looks like the club are willing to listen to fan opinion on this, which is promising, I'll definitely be making my views clear to them and encourage other Elgin fans to do the same

Do people have any fucking idea how disrepectful shit comments like that are towards clubs like my own?

Of course they don't. They live in a bigoted bubble where only they matter. Old firm fans couldn't give one shit about Scottish football, all they care about is themselves.

32 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

A chance to develop together and form a footballing DNA.

What in the f**k does this mean? Looks like it was quoted from a terrible SFA press briefing about the idea behind 'Colt' teams.

22 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I'd be hugely against the idea of 'Colt' sides, even if Ross County or St Johnstone were the driving force behind it.

How can the same net effect of improving young players not be achieved by loaning them out to lower league clubs? Even if there is a benefit, how will this be significant enough to justify changing Scottish football so drastically and pissing off supporters?

Is someone arguing that playing for Rangers Colts in League 2 alongside a bunch of kids will help them develop a 'football DNA' as opposed to playing in League 2 with Arbroath, Annan etc etc?
Why will playing for Rangers/ Celtic youth teams develop a 'footballing DNA' as opposed to Arbroath players who don't get this 'footballing DNA'?
f**k me - absolute fucking drivel.

An 18 year old midfielder from Celtic can go on loan to Arbroath have a bad game due to style of football, manager drops him and he has no other football

The loan system will remain in place. Drivel or not. Clubs need their young players playing a certain way

We should be looking at developing class players for Scotland not worried about Arbroath who never give much to Scottish Football

I want the best teams in Scotland to compete in Europe, and Scotland to do well. Arbroath is far from my thoughts

Sorry if it’s hurts

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I've just skimmed through that. I'll refrain from commenting on the shit punctuation and syntax.

What a load of absolute fucking pish. They actually say we should have B teams because Germany and Spain have them, and mention that their 'research' shows it will work in Scotland. They don't mention what this 'research' is and what actually constitutes success, just that there are 'no barriers' in Scotland to it working. Drivel, utter drivel.

A direct quote; This proposal has the full backing of the SFA Performance Director, Malky Mackay. Well whoopee fucking do! A bigoted p***k with no previous experience in this kind of role who has only been in it for a few months says it's good! Everything is good then!

Check out this frankly stunning pish;

2.2 The Financials for League Two Clubs

• Guaranteed purchase of 250 tickets per match @£10 per head by colt teams - £15,000 of guaranteed income per club. It would be up to the colt team to sell these tickets to their supporters removing the risk from the League Two side.

• If two teams participated with Colt Teams based on a 12 team league with 33 games per season this would result in a guaranteed investment in League 2 of £150,000 • Additional income from match day walk ups, hospitality, additional sponsor income via increased TV and media coverage, catering, etc.

• Based on the 33 game proposal each League Two club would have a minimum of 1, maximum of 2 more home games. A minimum of 4 less away games. This would further increase income and reduce costs.

• With three less games overall it would allow fewer midweek games, increasing attendance figures and / or reducing the length of the season resulting in reduced length player contracts saving money over the summer.

So, folk will buy more pies apparently! And there will somehow be increased TV revenue! 

They haven't even decided on how the league itself will work. Note that there is nothing about cup competitions.

5. League structure

4 options to be presented to accommodate a 12 team division in League 2:

• 33 games with clubs playing each other on three occasions (likely preferred option)2

• 38 games with a Premiership style split after 33 games

• 22 games with clubs playing each other twice (unlikely to be enough games)

• 44 games with clubs playing each other four times (likely to be too many games)

Despite never actually naming any clubs throughout the whole proposal, it ends with this;

Next steps ➢ Craig Mulholland (Rangers) and Chris McCart (Celtic) to meet with League Two clubs and feedback to SPFL

Just now, mrman2011 said:

An 18 year old midfielder from Celtic can go on loan to Arbroath have a bad game due to style of football, manager drops him and he has no other football

The loan system will remain in place. Drivel or not. Clubs need their young players playing a certain way

We should be looking at developing class players for Scotland not worried about Arbroath who never give much to Scottish Football

I want the best teams in Scotland to compete in Europe, and Scotland to do well. Arbroath is far from my thoughts

Sorry if it’s hurts

f**k off Malky. Scottish football is clubs like Arbroath. The national team is not the responsibility of the clubs. 

Arbroath and clubs in League 2 give plenty to Scottish football.

1 minute ago, mrman2011 said:

Sorry if it’s hurts

You do realise for that to work you'd need to have every colt team and the national team (at all age groups) playing the same formation and tactics, thus creating a generation of clones who can't adapt to different situations?

Why on earth would you support that?

Interesting that Chris McCart at Celtic is the father of Jamie McCart (who is currently on loan at Alloa Athletic, having previously spent time on loan with Premiership ICT and Championship St Mirren).

Does he reckon his son would've learnt more playing for Celtic Colts in L2, than playing for ICT in the Premiership?