Old Firm Colts in L2

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Might be helpful if someone could draft an email which we could all send to the SFA and our clubs. this way it would be consistant in its content. Any takers?

Not sure that's a good idea. People who organise write-in campaigns tend to avoid telling their supporters what to write as it's then obvious that people are simply putting their names to a template. They think it's better that people's comments are in their own words as that seems to convey individual feelings better. Thousands of identically worded e-mails are easier to ignore than the same number making the same points but worded differently. 

Of course there's nothing to stop somebody putting down the main objections to the scheme as initial guidance providing that the individual fans make it a bit more personal.

"But they have Colt teams in Spain and look how good they are!"

This seems to be the de facto argument for Colt teams. There are loads of reasons that the Spanish national team is better than ours and why they produce better players. Having Colt teams would be awfully far down that list.

Edited by RiG

If you are going to admit two Colt teams into League Two why not the two that occupy the top two places in the SPFL Development League come the end of the season? 

Presently that is Hibs and Aberdeen. Not 9th place Celtic, who seem to have problems filling their fixtures, or Rangers who don't compete in that league. 

15 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
41 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:
I don't think I've seen a Celtic fan for this idea yet... But in all honesty I've not seen many that care. 

My point was that these bastions of "sporting integrity" don't care about sporting integrity at all.

yeah take your point,

52 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Where are all the Celtic supporters who cried "sporting integrity" when Rangers were placed in League Two?
I don't see any similar complaints from them when their Colts get the same beneficial advantage.

Celtic supporter here.

I don't think this is a great idea, if the SFA wants to help promote youth development they should provide subsidies to the existing clubs to help with youth development and coaching.  If there are good coaches at the likes of Elgin or Peterhead then an 18 year old would get just as much benefit playing for them as they would playing for Celtic Colts against those same teams.  

Either way the existing clubs should listen to their fans, if the fans of the existing SPFL teams want this to happen then the SFA should go for it, but if the fans are against it (as I suspect is the case) then the idea should be scrapped.  We (Celtic fans) would be hypocrites if we praised SPL teams in 2012 for listening to their fans and rejecting Sevco getting Rangers old place in the SPL but ignored the will of the fans of teams in the league that Celtic Colts would go into.  

Celtic supporter here.
I don't think this is a great idea, if the SFA wants to help promote youth development they should provide subsidies to the existing clubs to help with youth development and coaching.  If there are good coaches at the likes of Elgin or Peterhead then an 18 year old would get just as much benefit playing for them as they would playing for Celtic Colts against those same teams.  
Either way the existing clubs should listen to their fans, if the fans of the existing SPFL teams want this to happen then the SFA should go for it, but if the fans are against it (as I suspect is the case) then the idea should be scrapped.  We (Celtic fans) would be hypocrites if we praised SPL teams in 2012 for listening to their fans and rejecting Sevco getting Rangers old place in the SPL but ignored the will of the fans of teams in the league that Celtic Colts would go into.  

What about these Colt teams being placed in League Two rather than at the bottom of the pyramid?

Stirling Albion has officially come out against the idea completely and the chairman is at the meeting tomorrow.

He has invited fans of any club to tweet him their views and he will put across.

@forthbank_news 

Can' work out how to integrate Twitter to the post. Maybe someone else could provide direct link to the tweet

Frankly seething that the Binos are leading the way with this. Well done, you utter b*****ds.

Best we've managed so far is, "we haven't formed an opinion yet, and will take fan views into account, but it's not going to affect our decision"  <_<

Frankly seething that the Binos are leading the way with this. Well done, you utter b*****ds.
Best we've managed so far is, "we haven't formed an opinion yet, and will take fan views into account, but it's not going to affect our decision"  <_>

The perks of being fan owned [emoji41]

Hopefully you p***ks are against it as well.

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

The perks of being fan owned emoji41.png

Hopefully you p***ks are against it as well.

To a man, I think it's fair to say, but I've no faith in our chairman's position considering he's a rabid Tory and SPFL board member. I'd imagine his opinion will revolve around the balance sheet.

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

Stirling Albion has officially come out against the idea completely and the chairman is at the meeting tomorrow.

He has invited fans of any club to tweet him their views and he will put across.

@forthbank_news 

Can' work out how to integrate Twitter to the post. Maybe someone else could provide direct link to the tweet

Send your views lads.

It's pretty important that, even though it looks good from Stirling's stance, you let them know exactly how you feel and how strongly you feel about it. Being complacent could see a swing the other way if there ends up being more support for the idea.

You've got to be in awe at the efforts made to inform fans that this is being discussed, and to ascertain their opinions.

I suppose it shouldn't be much of a surprise at this point, but we really are considered the enemy by the people that arrange the entertainment that we pay for. I wonder what Scottish football would look like if we didn't keep getting in the way.

SPFL Competitions Working Group Meeting tomorrow when Colts Team Pilot will be discussed

Depending on the outcome of this and the attitude of chairmen it may well be worthy of starting to consider a day of boycotting games so that they get the message.

There must also be a way of instigating a no confidence vote in Regan and Doncaster.

Perhaps we should all abandon our teams and show undying love for the bigotted pair.

Sent Dunfermline the following back in June 2017:

To whom it may concern,

Would it be possible for the club to clarify its stance on the proposed introduction of 'Colt'/reserve sides into the league pyramid? I and many other supporters are vehemently against the plans and would very much like the club to publicly condemn this terrible plot to suit the agenda of two clubs.

Thank you
Poet of the Macabre

I got this response:

Hi Poet, I hope you are well and recharging the batteries for the new season. Thank you for getting in touch with the club regarding the above.

In confidence, this matter is to be discussed at our next Board Meeting and we will be passing back our comments to the SPFL. Suffice to say, it will not be supportive.

All the best, and thanks for your ongoing support for our club.

Kind regards

Ross

Ross McArthur
Chairman

Dunfermline Athletic - Always fighting the good fight.