Old Firm Colts in L2

19 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Celtics first foray into the Jan transfer market is to spend £3 million on a 19 year old foreigner.

And Stewart Regan thinks we should shut down all the academies and give the money to Celtic and the other "big" clubs to rear the next generation of Scottishh internationalists.

you couldnt make it up. What a bunch of corrupt fuckwits.

More like give the money to the big clubs to fund them bringing in youngsters from abroad.  The only reason for this is to theoretically raise quality to get a better TV deal so they can then award themselves a payrise.  Wankers.  

When will these clowns realise that clubs only aim is to do the best for their club.  They don't guve a f**k about the Scotland team as it's not their job.

• 1 month later...

No idea of its accuracy or likelihood: but a thread begun in the NLM website several days ago claims an SPFL3 could be started next year containing B teams and a few HL/LL clubs.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=786810;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=155970927

Anything, anything to legitimise the concept of two clubs being able to give their bloated squads competitive practice against proper clubs, whatever the cost elsewhere.

Assuming it's accurate, it'll be interesting humiliating to see what the next desperate wheeze will be if this falls through.

• 3 months later...

Good time for a press release:

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-consults-with-clubs-on-colt-teams/

SPFL consults with clubs on colt teams

As part of wider discussions regarding the production and development of elite young players in Scotland, particularly in the 17-21 age bracket, the SPFL is consulting with all member clubs to seek views in relation to the potential introduction of colt teams to the league pyramid.

This consultation exercise was discussed and approved by the SPFL’s Competitions Working Group comprising representatives across all four League divisions.

Clubs have been invited to respond with their views and once feedback has been assessed, the SPFL Board will consider next steps in relation to the potential for colt teams to be involved in the professional football pyramid.

F**k off!!!

These c*nts are ruining Scottish football.

Lower league fans are being treated like shit by the SPFL.

Would premier league supporters pay to watch their first teams play colt teams like we are expected to? No chance

Get a message sent off to your club. Put them under pressure. Remember a director of another club who posts on here has admitted he'd vote for this simply for a bit of extra cash.

26 minutes ago, David W said:

Get a message sent off to your club. Put them under pressure. Remember a director of another club who posts on here has admitted he'd vote for this simply for a bit of extra cash.

I wonder why that director would expect extra cash, their entry into the current challenge cup set up did nothing for gates and in all probability this proposal would reduce income as there would be extra mouths to feed from the same league prize money.

Edited by AlbionMan

I didn't exactly note great crowds for the u20s teams in the Challenge Cup last year. Kudos to 'well fans for turning out to see the mighty City on a pissing wet wednesday but even then the crowd was 500. 

There was a fans' boycott down south of Colts teams in their equivalent of the Challenge Cup last season: Portsmouth for example recorded their lowest crowd since the end of the Second World War (we'd kill for a crowd of 1355 but Pompey's average attendance last season was 16,712)

Utter utter nonsense absolutely no way I will attend any match involving a Rangers or Celtic youth team against my club in League or cup match!

How do we individually and collectively tell these people that we will not support or allow this! I really do think football in this country is dead. Knew all along at the Challenge cup garbage was the signal that this was coming. I trust my club will protest this as they apparently did previously. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

I wonder why that director would expect extra cash, their entry into the current challenge cup set up did nothing for gates and in all probability this proposal would reduce income as there would be extra mouths to feed from the same league prize money.

He indicated it could take the form of a bribe; let the Colt teams in, we'll give you this, don't let them in we'll cut prize money/parachute payments. It's important to point out that he wasn't suggesting this was going to happen, but that his club would quite happily be bribed and ignore the wishes of their supporters for a short term cash boost.