Virgin media

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Shit.

Oh well. I'll need to actually get my finger out then.

Are they not connected in an admin sense? Like when I agree to join sky will that not automatically create a contact with virgin to allow a switch over to happen? Or is that not a thing?

cant see how sky or virgin would know if you contacted the other side, not like they both use the same equipment etc, if you bin virgin and book sky to be installed the sky guy wont have a clue about virgin until he comes to your gaff and sees the old wire that used to be connected to the box

tbh ive never had any luck with retentions whenever ive went o leave somewhere, you always hear people say i got this and that, i left sky, orange/ee, virgin and O2 and never once when ive phoned near the end of my deal to say i didnt want to renew my contract have they offered me the world, infact when i went to leave sky the c**t couldnt get me off the phone quick enough when i said i was leaving :lol:

i think its purely down to your donald duck, if you get bertha the hag who's on her rag that week in retentions you'll get f**k all, if you get wee scotty who's leaving at the end of the week for a new job you'll get the full package for a tenner a month as he doesnt give a shit lol

cant see how sky or virgin would know if you contacted the other side, not like they both use the same equipment etc, if you bin virgin and book sky to be installed the sky guy wont have a clue about virgin until he comes to your gaff and sees the old wire that used to be connected to the box
tbh ive never had any luck with retentions whenever ive went o leave somewhere, you always hear people say i got this and that, i left sky, orange/ee, virgin and O2 and never once when ive phoned near the end of my deal to say i didnt want to renew my contract have they offered me the world, infact when i went to leave sky the c**t couldnt get me off the phone quick enough when i said i was leaving [emoji38]
i think its purely down to your donald duck, if you get bertha the hag who's on her rag that week in retentions you'll get f**k all, if you get wee scotty who's leaving at the end of the week for a new job you'll get the full package for a tenner a month as he doesnt give a shit lol

Cheers mate.

I've been lucky a couple of times before and both times I had to actually leave and book sky (and then cancel).

In both cases both virgin and sky phoned to make a better offer.

I'm just hoping I'll get a call in the next few days but I'll have a nosey around sky's website to see. I'm going into hospital unfortunately so my wife will have to handle it - and I've told her to play the soon-to-be-widow card if she can't be arsed.

'Hi there. My husband phoned up and cancelled the other day but he's probably going to die soon so I'd like to reverse it. Can I still get the same package for £65 - minus sky sports as he won't be needing it anymore? Excellent. Thank you!'

Yassss.

Just got a call from Virgin's loyalty team (is that even a thing?)

Got everything I wanted for 51pm (the previous best offer was 64).

Keeping my two good boxes, xl tv package with all bt sports, 100meg broadband, phone line too. Dropping sky sports as planned.

Happy, happy days. Playing chicken has worked again. But no doubt I'll be back here in 12 months.

Hi folks. I shall be hijacking this thread for my own selfish purposes from here on in, apologies :P

Now I'm a big boy and living by myself, all bills etc. are on me. After 10 odd years of just leaving this sort of shit to be dealt with by the mates I've left with and just paying whatever they wanted me to, my knowledge of how to deal with very basic things in life is somewhat less than it should be for a 27 year old man*.

I've just signed up to a years contract with Virgin for £32 a month, basic TV package and 100mb internet. I'm hoping to add BT Sports onto the package I have for a reasonable cost. My question is, how easily done is this, and how much would it cost roughly? Would I be best just giving them a call and pretending I'll just leave it if they offer it to me for a ridiculous price?

Also, as discussed above can I really just phone them up towards the end of my contract and tell them I'll be leaving if I don't get to continue to pay the same price instead of the additional price it's meant to be after a year? Are the chances highly likely they'll just keep it at £32 in that case if I threaten to leave/ go to Sky or whatever?

*manchild

On 02/08/2017 at 10:41, pandarilla said:

Yassss.

Just got a call from Virgin's loyalty team (is that even a thing?)

Got everything I wanted for 51pm (the previous best offer was 64).

Keeping my two good boxes, xl tv package with all bt sports, 100meg broadband, phone line too. Dropping sky sports as planned.

Happy, happy days. Playing chicken has worked again. But no doubt I'll be back here in 12 months.

That's if you're still with us in 12 months:whistle

• 1 month later...

Just got a call from loyalty/cancellations team.

My package has been renewed with an upgrade for cheaper - £40 pm for Vivid 200 (previously had 100), full house TV (previously had 130 channels now have 230) and got rid of the TiVo for the new V6 box all for free.

Very glad I tried to cancel after they increased my bill

*Currently £62 pm*

In summary, £20pm saving with free upgrades.

Edited by boulderdomb

5 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

My package has been renewed with an upgrade for cheaper - £40 pm for Vivid 200 (previously had 100), full house TV (previously had 130 channels now have 230) and got rid of the TiVo for the new V6 box all for free.

*Currently £62 pm*

Whats the difference between tivo and v6 box. 

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The V6 is the new 4k box. It's apparently much faster navigating menus and booting up and is a worth while upgrade. I think they were doing a swap for £20 depending on your package a wee while ago.

*Currently £62 pm*

The loyalty team are fucking brilliant. They offer very good deals. It's just a pain in the arse to get to that stage.

Does anyone know how long you need to be a customer before getting these calls?

The loyalty team are fucking brilliant. They offer very good deals. It's just a pain in the arse to get to that stage.

Does anyone know how long you need to be a customer before getting these calls?

I’ve been a customer for a few years now (3+?) and usually with no complaints and the occasional upgrade of internet (I’ve went from 30mbps to 100 myself by paying extra).

• 4 weeks later...

I spend most of my day watching the 4k trailers on YouTube,picture and sound since I changed to the V6 box is amazing, now only if they would do a couple of free 4k channels [emoji57]

• 3 years later...

Thinking about switching to Virgin since they have an offer on for the next two days with their big bundle + movies for 57 pm for 18 months.

Currently with BT and my contract is up next month, phoned them up today to see what deal I could get and they offered me the same package as I'm on now minus all the entertainment channels I currently have, all for a whopping five pounds more than I currently pay (58pm)

For anyone with Virgin general thoughts on it? Did you need an engineer to come round and install it or can you do it yourself?

Thinking about switching to Virgin since they have an offer on for the next two days with their big bundle + movies for 57 pm for 18 months.
Currently with BT and my contract is up next month, phoned them up today to see what deal I could get and they offered me the same package as I'm on now minus all the entertainment channels I currently have, all for a whopping five pounds more than I currently pay (58pm)
For anyone with Virgin general thoughts on it? Did you need an engineer to come round and install it or can you do it yourself?
If you go through uswitch website they have that same virgin deal but you also get £200 credited to your account, we signed up for it and just waiting for an engineer to come out and do the install.
We had virgin in our old house and found it to be pretty good, some people seem to complain about their Internet constantly going down but we never had any major issues with it.
If you've had virgin in your house before then you can prob do a self install otherwise you'll need an engineer to come out.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

If you go through uswitch website they have that same virgin deal but you also get £200 credited to your account, we signed up for it and just waiting for an engineer to come out and do the install.
We had virgin in our old house and found it to be pretty good, some people seem to complain about their Internet constantly going down but we never had any major issues with it.
If you've had virgin in your house before then you can prob do a self install otherwise you'll need an engineer to come out.

Aye, decided to go through with it this morning and got the 200 too but that was just through the website. that pays for the installation fee and puts the bill down to 51 a month for a while. All seems too good to be true tbh, bit of a mad price for what I'm all getting.

My installation isn't due to the end of next month to match when my BT contract ends, let us know how it goes.

Virgin are actively throttling back for customers streaming 3rd party apps and IPTV.
I've only experienced IPTV blocks when the EPL games are on. It's the same for Sky, BT, EE, etc. They are under pressure to do so now.
I just got an email from Virgin this morning saying my bill is going up by £3.50 a month from March as they are continuing to invest in their network. So basically it's to halp pay for their new 5G network which I don't have.