January Transfer Window

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reluctant to criticise Duffy with how well he's turned things round after calling for his head earlier in the season, but I can't not here. I genuinely believe that we would be a better team with 10 men than we are with Oyenuga on the pitch. If he was just mince that would be one thing, but along with contributing nothing himself he actively gets in the way of everyone else in the team and hinders all of them with his complete lack of positional awareness, along with his inability to perform the rather crucial task of kicking a ball.

He better be nowhere near the pitch on Saturday.

I'm reluctant to criticise Duffy with how well he's turned things round after calling for his head earlier in the season, but I can't not here. I genuinely believe that we would be a better team with 10 men than we are with Oyenuga on the pitch. If he was just mince that would be one thing, but along with contributing nothing himself he actively gets in the way of everyone else in the team and hinders all of them with his complete lack of positional awareness, along with his inability to perform the rather crucial task of kicking a ball.
He better be nowhere near the pitch on Saturday.

Swap for John Baird?

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Purely so he can score against us a further couple of times

Either that or because "he's a good lad in the changing room" which Duffy seems to like in a player, which I can understand to an extent but he's not good enough for us. I'd much rather his wages being spent on getting Gunning to sign until the end of the season. 

Erm.....no thanks

To John Baird..?

:lol:

You'll be one of the ones in the stand at games against Falkirk who constantly boo him for moving on to better himself?

I'm not sure how old you are so you may have been old enough to experience the League cup final. I was 2 at the time, so I wasn't. John Baird single-handedly gave me the greatest moment of watching the Rovers.

He would still improve our strike-force greatly. Anybody who tries to claim otherwise is kidding themselves.

51 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

To John Baird..?

:lol:

You'll be one of the ones in the stand at games against Falkirk who constantly boo him for moving on to better himself?

I'm not sure how old you are so you may have been old enough to experience the League cup final. I was 2 at the time, so I wasn't. John Baird single-handedly gave me the greatest moment of watching the Rovers.

He would still improve our strike-force greatly. Anybody who tries to claim otherwise is kidding themselves.

Fucking hell. That goal tipped me into absolute ecstasy for days. It was utterly beautiful. A completely rancid game, devoid of quality with the infuriating Kevin Clancy dishing out bookings left, right and center. A completely mediocre season with a horrendous winter run minus the cup game against Hibs because immense. All down to Baird's poaching. Once the ball went in, bodies were flying about everywhere. I was in the top left of the stand and it was fantastic to watch Rangers fans flooding out. I don't think I stopped laughing for a good half hour after. I completely agree with your post, and I'd love to take Baird back. Can't see it happening. Him and Brian Graham gave us 4 seasons of having solid 15 goal strikers up front. Those two, with Tade, with always be players who I'll have a soft spot for. 

Baird has been fine this season and had been excellent for two years before that. Plenty players I'd rather punt than him.

Still like to punt him mind you

He's been absolutely dire this calendar year. Was class when he was scoring goals last at the start of last season but has been mince since about January. Don't think he's even scored 10 this whole year. Someone please prove me wrong.

Looked it up there, he's got 11 in 2016.

Anyway, away from John Baird, Nade is expected to sign with us when the window opens and Hibs look to be going for ex Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey who was released by Preston yesterday - good player who should fit in to the most talented squad in the league nicely imo.

Archived