January Transfer Window

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hi Rusty

Can we try and keep this thread slightly on topic, and no' reply individually to every single post

Cheers

All of us

He spams threads with banal tripe for his own amusement. It was previously limited to Queens threads but seems to be spreading. 

He won't stop.

Anyway, the Daily Record is reporting that Josh Todd has left us and that Joe Thomson is set to join Queen of the South (on loan) when his deal with us is up in January. That would be a massive blow, especially with him going to a team in a similar position to ourselves.

Anyway, the Daily Record is reporting that Josh Todd has left us and that Joe Thomson is set to join Queen of the South (on loan) when his deal with us is up in January. That would be a massive blow, especially with him going to a team in a similar position to ourselves.

On loan from Celtic at Dumbarton, midfielder.

Any news on where Todd is going. I know that we were after him as were Dunfermline before he signed for you. Is it a case of another team want him or has he just been rank ?

4 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Any news on where Todd is going. I know that we were after him as were Dunfermline before he signed for you. Is it a case of another team want him or has he just been rank ?

Todd is a weird one. He arrived with us under the whole contract stooshie, where he had to join as an amateur and Annan were threatening legal action. That was after he had played for us, yourselves and the Pars pre-season - so I think his agent was obviously keen on getting him a move.

Anyway, we signed him and he was one of the few bright sparks from our horrific league cup campaign. After playing a striker/10 last season we deployed him mainly on the wing or in a deep central midfield position and he was pretty solid if unspectacular  - 6.5/10 most weeks.

Unfortunately not having a settled position seemed to scupper his progress and his performances got more and more 'meh' by the game. He's been on the bench the past couple of weeks, with Sam Stanton's return from fitness meaning that Robert Thomson and Andy Stirling have played on the wings. Then, all of a sudden, last week the Record carried a story saying Motherwell and Dundee United wanted him. Which seemed odd.

Then today the Record says that he's 'quit' Dumbarton, and is interesting Annan. Which seems strange given he effectively shafted them out of compo by joining us for free in the summer - but there you go.

He still lives near Carlisle I think and, given that we were only paying him expenses, I wouldn't be surprised if he needed the money and couldn't justify the commute if he wasn't getting the game time.

The whole thing is very odd.

Archived