January Transfer Window

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good timing that. I know they pay good money and all, but I'd have thought he'd have got another Championship club no bother.

Would have been a decent signing for Ayr. Don't seem too bothered in playing or signing actual wide players though. 

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good timing that. I know they pay good money and all, but I'd have thought he'd have got another Championship club no bother.

Surprised he has dropped down a league. Although he didn't do much at Queens hence the lack of interest? 

On 18/01/2017 at 18:25, ebobsboy said:

Fraser Aird  joins Falkirk on deal till end of the season after having his contract terminated at Sevco. Probably our last bit of business in this window unless we can shift some other dross.

You think you can move him on so soon?

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Anybody fancy letting me know if I've missed anything, it's been a bit quiet on here recently.

We also released Jack Brannan who hadn't played a first team game but had a squad number. He had been on loan to Gretna 2008 all season and has joined them for the rest of the season.

I note Hibs list still shows Kris Commons as an "In" but that was in December and he's since left again hasn't he?

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We also released Jack Brannan who hadn't played a first team game but had a squad number. He had been on loan to Gretna 2008 all season and has joined them for the rest of the season.

I note Hibs list still shows Kris Commons as an "In" but that was in December and he's since left again hasn't he?

Cheers. Aye Commons left Hibs after the winner against us I think. I'll stick him in the 'out' column as well, which is what I did with Scott Mckenna after his emergency loan at Alloa last season.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So within the last 8 months. Hibs have snapped up Rovers' failed goalkeeper that was released and St Mirren's failed GK that was also released.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Both as back ups, Laidlaw has been really good since stepping in the last few weeks. Really happy with him.

Both as back ups, Laidlaw has been really good since stepping in the last few weeks. Really happy with him.

Fair enough.

I'm just surprised he even got a step-up from us. I remember a couple of years ago, he had picked up the nickname ' Ross Laidlol' amongst opposition fans( mainly Cowdenbeath fans) for flapping at everything. There was a 3-3 game with them where we played really well that day yet he threw 2 weak balls into the back of his own net and I'm sure the other one was his fault as well. Completely cost us the game singlehandedly.

I was sure his next team would have been East Fife.

If Grant Murray wasn't your youth coach, I doubt you'd have signed him though.

Archived