Birmingham Prison Riot

mizfit

8 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Exactly.......you can't pull the rug out of workers in the emergency services and tell them that they might've signed up for 30 years for a lump sum and pension and then they've now to work extra years for less benefits. Some public service workers pay nothing towards their pension and some pay 12% and deserve all they get. 

That is exactly what they have done. Things might be bad up there but at the very least you guys are protected somewhat by the Holyrood government. It is absolutely horrendous down here. The prison estate is filled with a huge amount of incredibly vulnerable men who should actually be in hospital, not prison. Our suicide rates are soaring, synthetic substances like 'Spice' are rife causing increased levels of violence, and there have even been murders ( HMP Pentonville).

In truth, a prison should be the very safest place you can be strangely enough, with the security measures, therapeutic relatiobships, and staff observation going on. It is very far from that right now.

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Hey I'll never stick it til im 60, planning on going at 55 if i dont retrain.

You're right, it will get worse and I'm in the same boat as you.  I'm hoping to go back soon following a long period of time off- I'll be lucky to work my three month notice given the way things are going. Our hospital is operating with about a third of it's workforce missing and it's not going to get better anytime soon. Patients are suffering from lack of opportunities to rehabilitate and staff are at breaking point.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

A riot because a tv broke? Surprised there are that many Chelsea fans in Birmingham to be honest.

The prisoners had no hot water to wash with- but this'll have been the last thing in a long line of frustrations and failings to cause the riot. That's the way these things work.

ETA: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/16/hmp-birmingham-prison-disturbance-winson-green

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Order restored, though it looks like a bin was knocked over

_93007406_toblur.jpg

Also. This man, Stefan Parszko was just released. He looks like how I'd imagine some of P&B's most nefarious characters to look:

JS107545722.jpg

You should never judge a book by it's cover but I'd be very surprised if his sentence wasn't for a sexual offence of some sort. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He has almost certainly complained to the P&B mods in the last month.

His recent Google search history probably contains the words 'Edinburgh railway contractors'.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Then in a few years time prosecute the police who did the shooting.

Mrs romeo is of the opinions that everyone in prison has access to a full sky package PS4 & Xbox one, a hot tub and food prepared by the finest chef's.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Mrs romeo is of the opinions that everyone in prison has access to a full sky package PS4 & Xbox one, a hot tub and food prepared by the finest chef's.

Mrs Romeo needs a kick in the pie

14 hours ago, Mr X said:

I used to live less than half a km away from this prison. We never ventured up that part of town, so I didnt actually realise at the time :lol:

This, of course, adds nothing to the thread

Well, I suppose we could all post how close we live/have lived to a prison. My nearest one is probably Hydebank Young Defenders Offenders or perhaps Maghaberry. Used to be Magilligan when I lived in Coleraine.

Well, I suppose we could all post how close we live/have lived to a prison. My nearest one is probably Hydebank Young Defenders Offenders or perhaps Maghaberry. Used to be Magilligan when I lived in Coleraine.

I'll wager Winson Green is a holiday camp compared to Maghaberry !![emoji47]

Archived