Birmingham Prison Riot

mizfit

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Thought this might've been a proper discussion but it would appear to have been hijacked as per usual.:rolleyes:

Here's the latest Jimmy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38341924

The Criminal Justice System is in complete meltdown here- no suprise with the complete incompetents we have running the country

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

So a prison has been taken over by the inmates in Birmingham: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/16/hmp-birmingham-prison-disturbance-winson-green

Reports of computers being hurled out windows, paramedics entering in body armour to retrieve injured and fires.

chapo.jpg

14 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

Here's the latest Jimmy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38341924

The Criminal Justice System is in complete meltdown here- no suprise with the complete incompetents we have running the country

Thanks bud i've been following it on and off for a few hours now as a good mate of mine is a prison officer. I'm sure the OP started the thread for a good reason but it's just a pity it's been hijacked from post #2 onwards by the usual roasters.

Thanks bud i've been following it on and off for a few hours now as a good mate of mine is a prison officer. I'm sure the OP started the thread for a good reason but it's just a pity it's been hijacked from post #2 onwards by the usual roasters.

It's truly a shame that a gormless Saint Mirren fan whose 'big team' is really West Ham isn't enjoying the contents of this thread.

Carry on then folks.

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

This the general nonsense section of a Scottish football forum you knicker wetter

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Yeah, absolutely. I can honestly say I sincerely feel for your friend- a high pressured job which has become nigh on impossible now. It might be of interest, but I've met many prisoners, and been in many prisons, and have been treated with huge respect by all prisoners I have met. There is something rotten going on. Without being all political, those of us old enough remember this shite from the eighties. We are going backwards here. Hope your friend is coping OK.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

No injuries to Prison Officers reported and all accounted for. Carry on your evening in peace.

6 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

Yeah, absolutely. I can honestly say I sincerely feel for your friend- a high pressured job which has become nigh on impossible now. It might be of interest, but I've met many prisoners, and been in many prisons, and have been treated with huge respect by all prisoners I have met. There is something rotten going on. Without being all political, those of us old enough remember this shite from the eighties. We are going backwards here. Hope your friend is coping OK.

My mate will be just fine as he works in Barlinnie. He has however, been assaulted many times and been off sick because of it and has had his service extendid and pension downgraded. It must've been horrendous joining up and knowing how long you have to go to get your end of service benefits then they change the rules and you have to work longer for less pension and lump sum. Outragious!

31 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

th?&id=OIP.Mac35a146773dab42eb2233d427ac0820o1&w=204&h=152&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

My mate will be just fine as he works in Barlinnie. He has however, been assaulted many times and been off sick because of it and has had his service extendid and pension downgraded. It must've been horrendous joining up and knowing how long you have to go to get your end of service benefits then they change the rules and you have to work longer for less pension and lump sum. Outragious!

Yes, this is the same as us in the NHS as well as other public services such as the police, fire service etc. What folk don't realise while they go on about 'gold plated pensions' is there was a reason folk in these jobs needed to retire early- PTSD, physical inability to fulfil the role etc, Good luck if you need a 65 year old firefighter to break through your window and rescue you from a fire filled flat. Has your friend been able to work through the trauma of his experiences properly?

Archived