Betting odds 17th December

elton

The coupon in question is couriered into shops on Friday.

Presumably it is thus despatched from Coral (wherever) on Thursday.

Therefore Elton is suggesting someone is waiting at Coral refreshing McBookies site around lunchtime on Thursday, in order to then organise a print run of copied odds and despatch.

You do the maths.

I know at Hills our Friday coupons all go to print on a Wednesday.

I just don't see why Coral would go to so much trouble for this coupon surely would make more sense if this is their tactic to bring out another weekend one and be best price on high street for Senior matches.

32 minutes ago, Nocko said:

I know at Hills our Friday coupons all go to print on a Wednesday.

I just don't see why Coral would go to so much trouble for this coupon surely would make more sense if this is their tactic to bring out another weekend one and be best price on high street for Senior matches.

This seems entirely reasonable to me.  There may be senior games on the Tuesday night that could have a bearing on the weekend prices. However, very few junior games are played midweek at this time of year so no need to wait until Wednesday for a print run.

9 hours ago, Pussy Galore said:

I was in a corals in fauldhoose yesterday and they never had any junior coupon. Put a treble on ourselves Dundonald and KSH and the prices were different than mcbookies.

Kelty Star Hearts were 4/7 with McBookie and Coral.  Fauldhouse were 7/4 with McBookie and 9/5 with Coral so roughly the same.  Dundonald were playing Lochee United which was the one match in the East or West region where the odds were completely different as discussed previously. 

4 hours ago, savedbyhay said:

Kelty Star Hearts were 4/7 with McBookie and Coral.  Fauldhouse were 7/4 with McBookie and 9/5 with Coral so roughly the same.  Dundonald were playing Lochee United which was the one match in the East or West region where the odds were completely different as discussed previously. 

Apologies, Kennoway Star Hearts price was 8/15 with both McBookie and Coral.

From my Coral contact...

"I have been informed by one of the Football Traders that they receive the
prices late on a Wednesday evening; the coupons are then printed on a
Thursday and delivered to the shops on a Friday."

This contradicts the view of the local shop manageress but she could be confusing it with the senior coupons I guess. 

Someone at the McBookie end is clearly supplying Coral with prices. Now that could be anywhere and anyone along the chain of McBookie employees right up to BetVictor who support their online internet platform.  Quite frankly, as it stands at the moment, there is no point in looking at the odds of both of these bookmakers, either one will do.  That is in no one's interest except the person or persons who are supplying Coral the info.

The only remedy that springs to mind is for Elton to give McBookie his odds later in the week, say Thursday evening.  If he did so, Coral would not have enough time to compile, print and deliver their coupon to the shops for customers first thing Friday morning.

Let me make it quite clear. There is NO person from McBookie supplying Corals with odds, they are our competitors.

You've already heard that Coral print their coupons on Thursday and I suspect that they have their odds but before printing get to see McBookie's online and if their's differ a lot they shite themselves and then copy McBookie's. To me that's what must have happened last Saturday especially with the Lochee Utd/Lochee Harp farce. There's no way they could have independently come up with 21/10,9/2,8/13 for that game, and the rest were just too close to be their own prices.

At least Nocko(Hills) does his own odds and sticks to them.

So you agree they are mcbookie.com odds. Solution delay your odds till Friday one day. As well as a spanner in the works for coral then ladbrokes would also have to honour their toilet roll coupon.

I very much doubt many lines are placed on a Thursday so it should not hinder business. Please suggest to Paul petrie

As has been said, the McBookie gaffer, Paul, needs to have a look at this as a matter of urgency.  All McBookie are currently doing is setting prices for (at least) one of their rivals. The McBookie odds need to be published later, say Thursday evening at the earliest.

I personaly don't have a problem with anybody copying my odds. Just don't like being accused of something I've not done.

Paul (McBookie) needs the odds by Thursday morning for newspaper adverts etc. He could delay the odds on the website until Friday without harming business I suppose. It's up to him.

Archived