Do you pay your TV licence?

Smurph

Do you pay your TV licence?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The license fee is justified on the basis of Radio 4, The World Service and, for we insomniacs, Up All Night.  Where would the world be without Just a Minute, Today, The Archers, Rhod Sharp and More or Less?  Everything else is for free and can be downloaded from iPlayer.

Susan Calman, Dotun Adebayo and that wee Chris Mclaughlin c**t* can GTF.

Edited:*wrong thread ;) 

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Susan Calman...can GTF.

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Ffs kinky pished already,she is awful and i mean miranda awful

There's only one of us exhibiting signs of pishedness here, chap.  It certainly isn't me.

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The license fee is justified on the basis of Radio 4, The World Service and, for we insomniacs, Up All Night.  Where would the world be without Just a Minute, Today, The Archers, Rhod Sharp and More or Less?  Everything else is for free and can be downloaded from iPlayer.

What days is Rhod Sharp on? Recently I've been putting R5 on in the middle of the night and finding some boring twat. Best bits are when he phones some news editor from an obscure newspaper around the world.

P.S. After trying to google the answer I found this: Rhod Sharp manages to escape BBC's costly exodus to Salford

Sounds like a dream job. I always imagined him alone in Broadcasting House apart from a producer and a security guy occasionally bringing a coffee.

Better link: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/sep/19/up-all-night-radio

Can someone check with Skittles to see if we should or shouldn't pay this licence?

I currently pay mine.  Planet Earth 2 is probably worth a month or two on its own right. 

Those who can afford to and don't are sub human scum, imo...

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What days is Rhod Sharp on? Recently I've been putting R5 on in the middle of the night and finding some boring twat. Best bits are when he phones some news editor from an obscure newspaper around the world.

He usually chats to editors from small-town America and it's like listening to two blokes chatting over a pint.  Really good Radio.  The rest of the Up all Night crew can GTF

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

He usually chats to editors from small-town America and it's like listening to two blokes chatting over a pint.  Really good Radio.  The rest of the Up all Night crew can GTF

Last link and a local one. Seems he just does Monday to Wednesday, 8pm - 1am his time. What a cracking job. http://marblehead.wickedlocal.com/x1581985691/BBC-broadcaster-to-discuss-Avery-s-Fall-at-Marblehead-Museum

54 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

^^^ This

everything the jakey said is correct.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just to add that the World needs More or Less more than ever now. Trump is spreading the fraudulent and hugely dangerous myth that childhood vaccines cause autism.

More or Less is just brilliant.  It was a few years ago but their piece on 'Fergie Time' was a masterclass in cogent radio.

I should revive my 'What's Good on Radio 4' thread.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:34, Cerberus said:

I did pay my licence because I don't mind paying for stuff I use.
Then again I'm not a complete tramp who can't afford 12 quid a month and looks to steal everything they can.

I don't steal everything

Archived