East fife vs Peterhead

Plenty words if wisdom and opinions on new manager, but no one has anything to say about the actual game tomorrow? Good chance for the new management team to show their mettle, and send out a string message to the rest if the teams in our league. 100% respect and admiration for GN, my only criticism would be that we gave/ shown a little too much cautious respect in some games. Time to show them who's boss, lol But seriously, a little more positive approach may reap rewards. It certainly worked last season

Great 3 points and fully deserved for the second half performance. Thought the defence coped really well with Rory McAllister throughout the game and limited him to few attempts on goal. He was obviously so desperate to get away from Pagey that he went running up the tunnel at the end without shaking hands with the Fife players ! All the players put in a real shift and we're continually motivated and coached by Barry Smith and Gordon Young from the dugout. The togetherness and desire was there for all to see. Our lack of numbers is there for all to see and hopefully the new Manager can bring in 3 or 4 players in January to strengthen competition for places and give options of playing different formations. 3 wins on the bounce and 3 clean sheets should help to build confidence within the squad.for the upcoming games against Stenny & Albion Rovers.

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Wow didn't see that coming. Oh no wait I did when I saw the team sheet. January can't come quick enough to hopefully bring in a couple of players so we can offload the sh*te.

Awful, awful result for us. Presume our best midfielder Scott Brown was stuck at right back again and Rory McAllister was the only recognized striker in our team.

Decision time for the board. Do they get rid of McInally now or let him try and sign more shite players in January (or even half decent players to play out of position).

The two teams cancelled each other out in the first half although Peterhead did look dangerous at set pieces. After the break we carved the visitors open twice in the opening ten minutes with clinical finishing from Jason Kerr and Kevin O'Hara. We continued to press for the remainder of the game but most of the credit for the win, for me, can be attributed to the back four for their efforts in defence. Jonathan Page was a stand out in nullifying Rory McAllister. Plenty of other good performances from Kyle Wilkie, Ross Brown and Jordan Austin, who worked his socks off once again up front. Peterhead had a fair amount of possession but after the departure of Dzierzawski their threat faded. Liked the look of the laddie Riley though, composed on the ball and creative with his distribution. Great start for the management team and a third clean sheet in a row for Ryan Goodfellow...     

Good win, well deserved!!!

I was well impressed with Jordan, he's obviously been unfairly compared to Nathan by everybody, myself included, but today after another start, he's finally starting to look like a player. He was very good last week and very nearly unplayable today, the only reason he didn't get on the scoresheet today was down to his teammates either not passing to him at the right time or choosing the wrong option, I counted at least three times he mad absolutely fantastic runs into the box and into clear goal scoring opportunities but he didn't get the final ball to him, I would hope once he breaks his duck he'll then go into a run of sorts, he has been patient and now he is getting a run, it may only be down to injuries to others but it is still his chance if he keeps playing as he did today he'll be hard to drop!!!

I also think that Wilkie is starting to look better and better after a poor season so far and for me was possibly man of the match but is another one who needs a goal, but it'll come!!!

A good start by the new Management Team, we are unbeaten since Gary left, and I would hope we will continue up the league, a win on Tuesday would see us go up another place, but has been said we really really need to increase our squad, only four on the bench today including a keeper and Lamont was only there to make up the numbers as he is still injured, so really Mutch was our only other option to come on!!!

Once Smith and Robinson are back it should be onwards and upwards for us!!!

Anyway Peterhead again show they have no discipline, for the third time against us this season once they go behind they become the biggest bunch of hammer throwers in League One, they don't have to do that, they showed in the first half that they can compete but a soon as they're losing their composure goes and the referee's cards come out, Ross should have been of the park for his kick at Austin who was lying on the ground, but anyway that's three times we've beaten them so far this season surely that's them got at least one arsecheek on our mantelpiece!!!

First half was bad for both sides and Peterhead's set plays looking dangerous. Even hitting the crossbar from a corner, second half I think Kyle bossed the midfield and with the pressure we put on Peterhead we were always going to score. Again we rode our luck in the set plays and that can be worked on by the new gaffer. Even though 3 of our best players were not playing Smith, Robinson and Lamont we still had too much for Peterhead. Impressed with Smith he was always giving instructions to the team and obviously said something in the half time pep talk that got us the win. Great to see the whole team coming over to the stand to celebrate both goals, it always irked me when Gary often forgot to do it.... lastly just watched the interview, obviously Barry does not wear a tie too often and come on mate smile, you won your first game in charge of a new club. This time of year has been sticky for us the last few seasons but we are on a good run again and hope to see this carry through on Tuesday.

16 hours ago, blueone said:

Awful, awful result for us. Presume our best midfielder Scott Brown was stuck at right back again and Rory McAllister was the only recognized striker in our team.

Decision time for the board. Do they get rid of McInally now or let him try and sign more shite players in January (or even half decent players to play out of position).

The decision should have been made at the end of last season after the shambolic losing streak, culminating in an embarrassing play offs. The team needed an overhaul from top to bottom as many of them are past their sell by date and have gone stale. This season is no more than I expected as we seem to go one step forward, then two back and will do well to finish out of the relegation dogfight.

Archived