Morton v Hibs

Surprised there hasn't already been a topic made for this. I thought we could get a win here until Quitongo got injured on Saturday and is confirmed out, as well as Jamie Lindsay being doubtful.

We'll most likely start with Oyenuga up front :( and see Tidser/O'Ware move into CM if Lindsay doesn't make it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would take a draw now, given the distinct possibility of that carthorse Oyenuga stinking the place out for us up front. If we can keep things tight then we can still beat a team on set-pieces, but the injuries that we sustained on Saturday will really weaken our performance in open play. 

1-1.

Would be pretty happy with a draw given the injuries. We're a totally different entity to the team that got hammered at Easter Road (or at least we were when Quitongo & Lindsay were fit) so I'd expect it'll be a lot tighter. Looks like a good Hibs support are travelling down so hopefully a decent atmosphere, and hopefully folk don't decide to just stay in and watch it on Alba. 

5 hours ago, Scosha said:

Surprised there hasn't already been a topic made for this. I thought we could get a win here until Quitongo got injured on Saturday and is confirmed out, as well as Jamie Lindsay being doubtful.

We'll most likely start with Oyenuga up front :( and see Tidser/O'Ware move into CM if Lindsay doesn't make it.

Christ.

I'm still looking forward to a relatively busy Cappielow under the floodlights.

If Hibs don't win this then their season is fucked

Steady.

It's only December. Dundee United are on a great run yet we're still ahead on GD.

I'll be absolutely delighted if we can get a win here, the thought of another Shinnie & Bartley pairing with Boyle in behind the strikers is giving me the absolute fear.

1 minute ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Steady.

It's only December. Dundee United are on a great run yet we're still ahead on GD.

I'll be absolutely delighted if we can get a win here, the thought of another Shinnie & Bartley pairing with Boyle in behind the strikers is giving me the absolute fear.

Exactly. We are missing our entire first choice midfield. Boyle linking up play and sliding in those defence splitting passes.... :lol: 

Wonder if any of the legends* on the Marathon Bet buses would be willing to play one last time in midfield?

*I use the term legends loosely since Kevin Thomson is one of those on the MB buses

McDonagh should replace Quitongo up front as the simplest solution. Doyle taking over at RB.

Midfield a bit more complex. CM - I would probably go with Murdoch and O'Ware. Although Tidser may want to stake his place in the team with a good performance.

With his contract up at the end of the season he really needs to impress again to prove his fitness and he still has the ability after his injury problems. I did predict we wouldn't see the best of Tidser until Xmas!  

Forbes could also come into CM as an option too. Not sure if Lindsay will make it, hope he does. If he is fit then I would go with Lindsay/Murdoch.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

With his contract up at the end of the season he really needs to impress again to prove his fitness and he still has the ability after his injury problems. I did predict we wouldn't see the best of Tidser until Xmas! 

And you were wrong once again: as was shown by Tidser running the show throughout our League Cup group, way back in July. So much for needing to wait six months in order to find fitness.

The reason why Tidser has been unimpressive since has nothing to do with fitness and everything to do with the fact that he's not as good as our first-choice midfielders. He has always been on the slow side and the more dynamic midfielders we have now show him up in that respect. With Forbes not exactly equipped to press the opposition either Tidser has become a luxury player for a team that is far more effective without him.

Archived