Livi v Airdrie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About as comfortable a game as we've had all season. 

Should have been more than 1 up at half time, 2nd half was very scrappy but again we created 2 or 3 good chances, Buchy with a miss of the season contender too.

I think Liam Kelly had 1 very comfortable save to make in the 90 minutes and that came in the 89th minute. 

Airdrie definitely missed Andy Ryan, they had nothing up front at all, Crighton and Lithgow absolutely strolled through the game. 

Carrick once again was brilliant up front, hold up play was excellent and got another goal, on really fine form just now. 

Nothing is won yet but 10 points is a massive gap even at this stage, having seen every team a couple times the only team that will stop us winning this league will be ourselves. 

Just a wee shout out to the Airdrie fans, good following today, fair play to you guys. 

Just now, She who dares gins said:

Signed him on what seems to be a complete and utter whim. Never seen the merit in it.

Gave away about 5 fouls today and ran about looking completely useless, spent the majority of the game laughing at some of his efforts to run through Crighton and Lithgow

Gave away about 5 fouls today and ran about looking completely useless, spent the majority of the game laughing at some of his efforts to run through Crighton and Lithgow

Only thing I'll say in his defence is that there's not much you can do when the only service you get is a boot up the park against guys a foot and a half taller.

Is Ryan suspended for next week too if he got a red card last week? Can see you struggling to score against Stranraer if he is, Airdrie play some nice stuff but they had nothing in the final 3rd to trouble us, they really missed Ryan.

Was a tad nervous we couldn't get a 2nd goal just to make sure of the game but that was more just me being paranoid about Beany falling down inside the penalty box and being awarded a penalty than Airdrie looking like scoring. Made me feel better when we finally scored our 2nd goal, even though it was in added time and didn't make much difference to the result, I just felt better safe than sorry.

Lovely bit of play for our first and nicely finished off by Carrick, he's like a new signing for us and has given us a nice boost in our last 4 games. Great feeling going into our final game of the 2nd quarter 10 points clear.:) 

Shit result and frustrating perforrmance.  Was much happier with Airdrie's defence,  McIntosh is a far superior player than Boateng.  McDonald was poor though. We have a good midfield but bypass it nowadays.

Our front 3 are just awful.  Schmidt and Brown are just awful and Russell's best days are behind him.

Having seen the previous 2 meetings between the clubs I am not the least surprised by today's result especially in the absence of Ryan. Livy are clearly the better team. The league table looks a bit more realistic now. We are still well placed for the playoffs and it is important that we don't make losing a habit. Hopefully we will manage to strengthen the team in the window.

I agree with TBM that at 34 Russell's best days are behind him but he still has an important part to play in such a young team provided he can ignore referees.

Interesting to note that Higgins and Loudon appear to have been recalled as they were on the bench.

Russell has been a real disappointment so far this year. If you ignore penalties he has scored 3 league goals this season. Before someone makes the stupid 'he can only take the chances he's given' or 'do penalties not count?' statements that is not my point, but if McBride at the start of the season had told Ryan that he was on penalties Russell would now only be sitting on 3 goals and he would be getting far more criticism. I think being the penalty taker has covered up his performances a bit. There have obviously been far worse players this season, but given the expectations, and his wages, he will be held to a higher standard.

Having seen the previous 2 meetings between the clubs I am not the least surprised by today's result especially in the absence of Ryan. Livy are clearly the better team. The league table looks a bit more realistic now. We are still well placed for the playoffs and it is important that we don't make losing a habit. Hopefully we will manage to strengthen the team in the window.
I agree with TBM that at 34 Russell's best days are behind him but he still has an important part to play in such a young team provided he can ignore referees.
Interesting to note that Higgins and Loudon appear to have been recalled as they were on the bench.

*Livi.

Archived